Megane Sport Forum banner

Mini-digger hire

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Shippo 
#1 ·
Anyone know anywhere I can pick up and hire a mini-digger for the day, Nottingham/Derby/Mansfield kind of way?

I've got a towbar on the golf so can collect...

And if anyone has a garden roller they want to lend me for a bit..

#2 ·
unless your dexterous and a fast learner you might struggle and end up digging the whole garden up, but if you still want to go ahaed give your local jewson or A plant hire. They'll sort u out, don't think they will let you pick it up and there might be a cannie deposit to pay, we don't have that cause we have accounts so I've never had to pay out

#7 ·
glad some one else agrees, it sorts annoys me when someone thinks they can learn my job in a day it's took me 5 year to learn and I'm still not great, I promise the 1st thing you will do is take a great whopping chunk out of the earth, hire a man and digger much safer much quicker.

#5 ·
agreed, best bet is a plant-hewdens-halls any plant hire really, or there is a bloke i work with who will hire him and his mini digger out at weekends if u needed a driver with it, or if u just hired the digger, depending when it was and how long the job was for a will b happy to come over and do abit of work on it and so u how to use it basically, but if u never drove 1 b4 u might get a fright when u load it on to a trailor for the 1st time, hope this helps

#8 ·
OK - I've got a mate who works in the building trade, and I've got another who works at JCB (but their mini-digger demo is out on a long term loan). The area to be dug is in dire need of a whopping chunk of earth (or several) to be taken and slung in a skip.

I didn't ask for anyone to question my abilities (or lack of) regarding using one, just for cheap places to get hold of one. The way this forum is, there is usually someone who knows someone who can sort something out.

If that's not the case, forget it.

#13 ·
No need to get your lip on, people are just offering advice to you, seeing as the op was so vague it left slot to the imagination, I asumused you were landscaping an area flat, hence asking for a roller also. It's like me asking for an engine lift, what would you assume I was doing?

#12 ·
Might find it tricky to do?? a friend of mine has diggers from mini ones to the massive ones (civil engineering firm) but its insurances for use! if something went wrong the digger owner would be in the sh1t. Atleast with a hire company thats all sorted within the hire.

#15 ·
Ring around mate u should be able to get one for around a £100 a day for a 1 an half tonner.

Whatever u do dont go to builders murchants as ull be lookin at around 250 quid a day plus 500 deposit.

Trust me if ur just diggin out ull be ok, just 1 tip an thats dont overload the bucket.

As for the others getting off there high horse for some strange reason, he,s not digging footings, grading off or workin to a line, he,s just movin some muck.

Hope this helps fella

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.