Air conditioning stopped working - MeganeSport.net
LP banner
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioning stopped working

Share/Bookmark

Car
    Red R26

Quote Originally Posted by lemonnobby View Post
    I expect it will have DF1070 fault best thing is to go to renault as it will more then likely have a gas leak so will need a regas and dye if the cars under warranty then it should be foc due to a failed seal 550 grams is the capacity ask what comes out
    Out of warrenty I'm afraid and all that seems expensive if I go to Renault. Wot haapens if the system is just low on pressure/gas. Just fail to operate?

Car
    LY R26

Quote Originally Posted by RS_James View Post
    Out of warrenty I'm afraid and all that seems expensive if I go to Renault. Wot haapens if the system is just low on pressure/gas. Just fail to operate?
    yes the pump has a fail safe so will not try to pump once the gas is below a certain level.

yours sounds similar to the problems I'm having. Renault have the car again on monday after regassing it with uv dye so they can find where its leaking. Ill post up what happens when i have an answer

Car
    RS 250FF Cup & Recaro's

I had mine in for a MOT at renault acouple of days ago and I asked them to look at the air con cus mine was blowing hot air as well.
    It turned out it was just low on gas so had it regassed and its working fine.
    They did say there was a fault when they put it on the computer but only due to it being low on gas. They also put some dye in to check for any leaks which there wasnt any.
    Nice to have it working again and £50 for a regas off Renault aint too bad I think!

Car
    liquid yellow r26

mine had same problem , i work for renault so do loads daily ! df1070 comes from two things either low ac gas charge or software fault ! thats why the injection computer has a software update . i updated my software before i got my mate to custom remap mine and had no further problems ! remember the ac should be regased every two years on later vehicles anyway ?

Mine had a bit of a fit yesterday in the Rotherhithe Tunnel (fecking hot day, massive traffic jam as they've closed the Blackwall)... anyway. Having tried to run it for a bit and tried various combos on the dash control, I turned it off and waited until we were above ground.

Hey presto, the fecker works again. Will keep an eye on it over the next week as it's got a couple of other issues that have just surfaced (lock issues) which I'll put it into Renault Orpington or Sidcup to look at while it's still in warranty.

Renspeed, if I bring it to Orpington perhaps you can have a look at it for me?

Lemon is offline Meganesport Area Rep - South West

Car
    Blue 225 stg 1 and 172

If its low on gas I guarantee there a leak it will lose a bit over time but if the compressor stops working its got a leak you need it related every 2 years to add oil with the gas to lubricate the seals

So, quick update to this one as the aircon has been a bit erratic since the post above. Had the car in for an early 3rd service to get it done before warranty ends. Turns out there was a faulty pressure sensor somewhere which was causing the fault. Replaced under warranty and now the aircon's back to it's cool former self.

Car
    Red R26

a simple recharge fixed mine. 3 weeks on and still goin strong.

Car
    Ultra-Blue Megane 230 R26

Right ... bit of a long one this.. I bought my R26 last May and the Air-con didn't work the day of buying it.. the Renault Garage i bought it from in Weybridge claimed it was fine in the workshop and the couldn't do anything about it. So on this, I took it to City Renault in Reading and they serviced it and said it needed re-gassing and the low-pressure trip in the ECU being reset.. All was good until it stopped working again a few weeks ago.

Seeing as I didn't need it, I didn't worry about it until this week - took it back to City Renault to get a diagnostic done (thinking another re-gas and reset would do fine.. ) and now they say there's corrosion on the pressure sensor and air-con wiring loom. They've quoted £876 for parts, labour and VAT.

Firstly - has anyone seen this before?

Secondly, and most frustratingly, I'm only three weeks out of warranty! But the corrosion would have been happing from before the warranty expired, so do you think Renault would help here...?

Cheers all,

Jim.

Lemon is offline Meganesport Area Rep - South West

Car
    Blue 225 stg 1 and 172

wiring loom or the compressor if its thisshould be covered by a Recall that renault will pay for.
    unless the plug has corroded on the pressure sensor which i have only seen on the first of the megane, scenic range.
    best place to start is customer services you got a good case as you has air con problems in warrenty

Thread Information