abs fault - MeganeSport.net
LP banner
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: abs fault

Share/Bookmark

Car
    megane 165 turbo

Red face abs fault

Hi,i have a megane 165 turbo,lovely car 05 plate,just had new back discs and pads done by a non renault garage[renault to expensive],fine,however now and again the abs light and sevice light comes on the dash in the car,amber colour.If i stop the car,re-start it re-sets itself.Been back to the garage and they put a coder in a plug near the gearstick and it said there was no fault.These warning lights dont always come on during a journey,or they dont come when i go over a bump.....HAS anyone got any ideas????? the car has done40 k

Car
    Megane 250 CUP

ABS sensor, not fitted well, or broken cables maybe ?

Car
    Ultra Blue Meanie

As above, most likely to be the ABS sensor. Get your car looked at by someone with the CLIP code reader & software to see which ones faulty. I can recommend ben (bmh01) top chap and local to you

Car
    shed 182

sounds like cheap discs with no abs pick up ring on them.were they rears that were replaced?

Car
    2006 Megane 225

ABS light would always be on if it didn't have the abs pick up

Car
    shed 182

i reckon theyve took the squidgey abs pick up off the old one and damaged it.it only takes a little indent in it to cause a problem.weve had loads of rear delivered for the 225/r26 that are packed the wrong way up and have damaged pick ups

Car
    megane 165 turbo

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ads225cup View Post
    sounds like cheap discs with no abs pick up ring on them.were they rears that were replaced?
    Yes they were rears,annoying when driving,seeing these lights on my dash,is there anything i can do?they were alot cheaper than original renault parts,spose you get what you pay for.What do you mean by 'pick up ring' ?
    As ive said,when turning off engine,it resets itself and often i can do 50 miles before it comes back on,sometimes though only 2.

Car
    megane 165 turbo

Where is this....BEN can you direct me,cheers

Car
    shed 182

sounds like the bearings been pressed in the wrong way round or the sensors bit the dust

Car
    megane 165 turbo

Its very strange what happens,sometimes i can do 50 miles with no warning light coming on and sometimes i can do 2 then it comes on but as ive said,it resets itself when turning the engine off.Thanks for your help,would it help at all if i disconnected the battery for a short time?

Thread Information