Megane Sport Forum banner

Group Buy for the DRL fix !!! - Group Buy now finished.

65K views 244 replies 36 participants last post by  Guilledippolito 
#1 ·
All,

Ive negotiated with Ahmed to make some more of the DRL kits so they stay on all the time and dim when the lights are on.

If we get 10 people in, the kit will cost £95 + £6.50 P&P
If we get 20 people in, the kit will cost £90 + £6.50 P&P

Pop your names down below if your interested. Depending on numbers, we'll get the ways to pay etc put up.

Dave & Ahmed.

1. Blackrat250

#35 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I'm not able to make it to the FCS as i'll be away for a few days from the 15th of June. But for those who want to collect at the FCS i'll pass the bulk batch on to Dave for him to distribute to you guys.

Also, Just a quick update... I've redesigned the kit slightly with 2 changes for future batches. The batches I will be building for this group buy will be using the new design. The changes are purely layout and design based and does not effect the functionality or reliability of the kit whatsoever. The changes are described below for those who want to know :)

Firstly, I am changing the grey power supply enclosure to a black nicer looking enclosure. The grey enclosures are good boxes which have a nice rubber seal and makes the box 100% weatherproof. Problem with these boxes is that they are very rare to source and I have to source them from Hong Kong which usually takes forever to arrive and delays the production process. So i've selected a easier to source black enclosure from a UK supplier. The new enclosure does not have a watertight removable lid but instead is designed to be permantly glued & bonded together which will keep moisture and water out. In the new design I will be using casting resin to secure and protect the internal components of the power supply.

Secondly, The current design has 2 seperate boxes for the 2 power supplys. The new design will incorporate the 2 power supplys in one enclosure. So basically there will be one power supply box with dual output. So you will basically need to only mount one box on the Left-Hand Side.

These are all cosmetic design changes and will not effect functionality in any way.

#38 ·
Hey Ahmed,
I can't make the FCS show so I'll choose the delivery option.

Have a question regarding the 12month guarantee your giving with the kit.
If a problem occurs (which I don't think will but...) and u identify where it's coming from will u send the parts to us to replace? Or will we have to send the kit back to u? And if we need to replace the part/components ourselfs will it be easy enough to replace?? Taking into account the new sealed tight method.

Last one, i'm assuming the new kit has been tested out? Or since it's only cosmetics it won't need tested?

#42 ·
If a problem occurs (which I don't think will but...) and u identify where it's coming from will u send the parts to us to replace? Or will we have to send the kit back to u? And if we need to replace the part/components ourselfs will it be easy enough to replace?? Taking into account the new sealed tight method.
BondRS, the new sealed design unit will not have any servicable components inside. If for some reason the unit was to fail then it would be down to one of the components failing or some kind of manufacturer fault with the component(s). If this happens I will send out a replacement unit.

Last one, i'm assuming the new kit has been tested out? Or since it's only cosmetics it won't need tested?
Each individual kit is fully tested once it is completed. However, the new design has also been tested and is still being tested. So far i've done extreme cold and hot temperature tests. I'm also currently running a set of LED units with a spare car battery and running them continously for the next few days

#39 ·
Hi guys

Just to let you know I will be on holiday from the 25th May - 2 June, would it be ok to pay for mine early Ahmed to avoid any confussion?? Unless you dont mind waiting until I return from holidays??

I dont want you to think i've done a no show on the group buy

Cheers Dan

#43 ·
Just to let you know I will be on holiday from the 25th May - 2 June, would it be ok to pay for mine early Ahmed to avoid any confussion?? Unless you dont mind waiting until I return from holidays??
Dan, not a problem mate you can pay before hand or even pay when you get back. Would you be needing it posted or will you be collecting yours at the FCS from Dave?

Those who are collecting at the FCS will not need to pay P&P. I will be sending your kits to Dave for him to distribute to you at the FCS

#45 ·
Unfortunately i'll be away for a few days that weekend. Come down to london and i'll fit it for FREE :) seriously though if you are not confident in installing it yourself any garage should be able to install the kit for you. Mentalpen got his kit installed by Carl (Meganesport.net User: smithandroper) at Brian Leighton dealership in Yorkshire. He is offering to install for £60 + VAT

#57 ·
I think Dave is away till the 26th, I'll speak to him about pm'ing the paypal email address to everyone on the list. If we can get the payments collected between 27th - 31st (djk112 will pay when he gets back from holiday) then we should be on track with delivery for first week of June.

We're still waiting for Toni Evans, Mark250 & PeterSV1 to update us on whether they will be collecting at the FCS or would want their kit posted. I'm assuming Toni Evans will need his posted as he is in Germany :)

#60 ·
Are you referring to the LED DRL units themselves? if I remember correctly I think they are roughly about £225-£230 inc VAT each so around £450 for a set. My dealership gave me 35% discount on mine so mine was around £280-£290 (Cant remember the exact figure)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.