Megane Sport Forum banner

rattle fix at dealers.

52K views 138 replies 54 participants last post by  raygill 
#1 ·
It's been posted on rs site that parts are available to fix the 250.

#128 ·
Hi, I've the swam rattling noise on a car I've just bought, I can't hear it inside the car but definitely on idle.

I have been through the thread and wondered apart from the unconvinced of the noise what if any problem has occurred due to this rattle. I'm keen not to shell out on some corrective work if it's just a noise and not related to something that's going to fail etc.

Thanks for any replies

Craig

#132 ·
I've just read the thread, Im still not clear on exactly what the problem is apart from a rattle coming from the timing belt area which I thought people noticed years ago

I can't say I've heard anything from my car that sounds like a rattle but I notice particularly on warm days that around 3000 rpm the timing area whines as if the belt is slightly too tight! my cars an early 2010 model

#139 ·
New to this forum, my rs250 has developed the same problem with the rattle coming from the cam pulley, my local dealership pritty much said they had never heard of it but maybe understandable since its not the most common car
Just wondering if your cars were fixed for free or discounted by renault since it clearly is a poorly selected component! When the deal searched the part he said there was no contribution for these parts
Going to email renault and see what they say
Hopefully get a reply i know this thread has been on here for years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.