Megane Sport Forum banner

Air conditioning stopped working

30K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  Ihar85 
#1 ·
Flipped the AC on today and it's just blowing hot air. I can't seem to hear the AC start up as you normally can. Is there any common faults with these AC units or is this covered under warranty?

Cheers.

#7 ·
Yip, mines just blowing warm air aswell ...

Just been to Kwik Fit and had it re-gassed and checked for leakes and the pump is kickin in so the system is ok on that count, but just no cold air so its in to see Renault tomorrow ....

If your revs go up slightly when you put the air con on then the pump is kickin and working, so the problem will be somewhere else ..

#14 ·
Mmmmm .. does seem like a common problem eh !!

The price at Kwik Fit just now is £49 ...

They never took any money from me as my system hardly took a re-charge at all and the chap said he could'nt justify taking £49 from me so they were ok about it ...

Not been to Renault yet ... busy day im afraid so have not had time as i know im going to be sitting about for a long time when i go there ..

#15 ·
I called Renault up to ask if they can do a quick check on the air con..e.g check to see if the pump not working or if relay switch broke or something.
They just said yeah we can look at it, but we will have to flush the gas out which kwik fit has just done again and put some die in to determine the problem.

I then said how much would that be.. £85 squid man. Then once they found the problem more on top.

Is this the only solution we have.
Do we not have any experts in the west yorkshire area i can take the motor to.

#16 ·
It's rare a re-gas helps. Theese cars tend to set a fault code that puts the compressor out of function. They CAN put a software in, that should sort this problem permanently(by removing the faultcode from the software completely). But not many people gets this as this demands a new compressor!!
But the first thing to do is change the connector on the compressor check the amount of R134, and reset the fault codes. This helps in 80-90% of the cases.

#17 ·
Just back from seeing Renault and booking the car in but the service chap says that there is not much that can actually go wrong. He says if i have had the system checked and re-gassed by Kwik Fit and it was all ok there then it should be blowing cold air and therefor does'nt see much that they can do !! ..

I have been looking up air con systems and there is a thermo valve between the condensor and vents, this thermo valve appears to have a great effect in cooling the air further so if the thermo valve was dodgy could this cause the symtoms we are getting ? ..

I know Kwik Fit are going to be doing air con fault finding and fixing shortly so it may be worth popping into you local and seeing if your branch has already started doing it ...

#18 ·
He's wrong, I'm doing this every day!
It's the same problem every damn spring.

Tell Renault to do the campaigns OTS 0B17, and/or OTS 0B07 - this will fix the problem. This should cost you "zero".

Send me a pm with your vin number and I'll look if your car is within the campaign.

#23 ·
Thanks guys, this is helpful. The thing I wanna know is can I go to Renault and declare that I have a remap installed and still get work carried out under warranty WITHOUT losing the remap? Is it likely that they will flash the ECU and lose the remap or is it something that can be edited along side, so the remap remains?

#24 ·
you will lose the remap ! renault would do a full reprogram on it ! what i did with mine was remapped it with renault software then had a custom rechip done afterwards ! shouldnt need to change ac compressor mos as ive done loads and a reprogram does cure them , it is advisable to regas ac to make sure its got a full charge , 550g on these !!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.