Megane Sport Forum banner

Air conditioning stopped working

30K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  Ihar85 
#1 ·
Flipped the AC on today and it's just blowing hot air. I can't seem to hear the AC start up as you normally can. Is there any common faults with these AC units or is this covered under warranty?

Cheers.

#29 ·
Basically people that had the a/c reprogram are on a stick
Because the air con is crap. Did who ever gased the a/c say the
Level was low? If it was then you simply have a leak. And this needs to get sorted and you might not lose your map. But. If they
Recovered around the right amount your compressor might be
Faulty in which case you will loose you map when they reprogram.
What ever fault there is until df1070 is erased then the air con won't work

#32 ·
Did you have to pay £49 for a re-gas before they would diagnose any other problems? They said this to me as it is supposed to be re-gassed every two years. Anything after this re-gas which needed fixing would be sorted under warranty but the £49 was not refundable. Is this right?

#33 ·
I was told it would cost £30 for them to check it but if the problem was covered under warranty it would be free, which it was luckily. It was a faulty connector which is common apparently. So I didn't pay anything in the end. They never mentioned a re-gas.

#41 ·
Just had my R26 back from the dealer after booking it in to get the air con blowing warm problem air looked at ..

After Renault checking over the system they called me and said that my air con was in need of re-gassing !! .. i informed Renault that the car had been into Kwik Fit and had already been re-gassed, Renault said that maybe Kwik Fit had not done the job properly .. (which we both doubted tbh) .. Anyways, after Renault re-gassing the system its working perfectly now so im abit baffled but then after driving Renault for the best part of 16 years i have come to realise that they can be ''quirky'' shall we say ...

Hopefully the system stays ok now .... :)

#43 ·
Yeah, they billed me the price of the re-gas, £64 !!! ..

Renault said that the system was totally empty which i find amazing as Kwik Fit said the system was full !!!! ???? .. Kwik Fit even pressure tested the system and reported no leaks so why Renault said the system was empty is strange ....

My girlfriend thinks Renault were at it .... she reckons that there was a fault and they fixed it but still billed me the price of a re-gas just to get money out of me as i cant prove otherwise .... who knows !! ...

#45 ·
Havent read previous replies but get your cars checked on the diagnostics for injector & coil faults. My old F1 performed this trick the fecking day before a boiling hot nurburgring trip the other year. When I got it back (after paying for a re-gas I didn't need) it turned out that the aircon is disabled if a certain fault code pops up. The code was cleared and it never did it again.

#50 ·
I expect it will have DF1070 fault best thing is to go to renault as it will more then likely have a gas leak so will need a regas and dye if the cars under warranty then it should be foc due to a failed seal 550 grams is the capacity ask what comes out

#53 ·
I had mine in for a MOT at renault acouple of days ago and I asked them to look at the air con cus mine was blowing hot air as well.
It turned out it was just low on gas so had it regassed and its working fine.
They did say there was a fault when they put it on the computer but only due to it being low on gas. They also put some dye in to check for any leaks which there wasnt any.
Nice to have it working again and £50 for a regas off Renault aint too bad I think!

#54 ·
mine had same problem , i work for renault so do loads daily ! df1070 comes from two things either low ac gas charge or software fault ! thats why the injection computer has a software update . i updated my software before i got my mate to custom remap mine and had no further problems ! remember the ac should be regased every two years on later vehicles anyway ?

#55 ·
Mine had a bit of a fit yesterday in the Rotherhithe Tunnel (fecking hot day, massive traffic jam as they've closed the Blackwall)... anyway. Having tried to run it for a bit and tried various combos on the dash control, I turned it off and waited until we were above ground.

Hey presto, the fecker works again. Will keep an eye on it over the next week as it's got a couple of other issues that have just surfaced (lock issues) which I'll put it into Renault Orpington or Sidcup to look at while it's still in warranty.

Renspeed, if I bring it to Orpington perhaps you can have a look at it for me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.