Megane Sport Forum banner

Water in the footwell - qwick fix

18K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  sy 
#1 ·
#7 ·
The drain holes under my scuttle panel where completely blocked with leaves and gunk, luckily (by complete chance) I found the issue before any damage was caused...

There was a good 2L of water collected in the scuttle area splashing around!

#14 ·
This thread

http://www.meganesport.net/community...footwell-leaks

has been an eye opener its exactly the same issue that i am having atm but im also having problems with the electrics no doubt the 2 issues are connected??? the hazard lights are flashing after the engine stops / car is locked for a while ( the lights go off when i press the hazard light button), also i get the diserible / annoying alarm beep. Ive chatted to an auto electrician and he said 9/10 its the 'body control unit' renault £600 :-0 but he coiuld do it for £140 -_- anyone got any thoughts on this? or similar issues?

#16 ·
been a long day of more stripping out of the interior trim. The drivers side drainage hole was totally blocked i used an air line and the bit of hose for the water jets to poke all the way down, the S--T that cam out was unreal! there was still water coming out near just before the handbrake turns out it was the air con unit was blocked also i took of the bottom of the unit and cleared the crap out also unblocked the drain really tight spot / awkward to get to but from the drivers side foot well i was able to stick my finger down it and pull out all the leaves and seeds that had found there way down there. Touch wood the problem is sorted now! the flashing lights may have something to do with a loose nut on the battery connector...! anyway ive decided to drive round for a week with no trim in the car to see if ive sorted it. #whataballache

#19 ·
there is a pic of the air con unit on the attached link on on the 1st post on this thread. the scuttle panel is fairly easy to remove pull out the 2 triangle bits of plastic on either side of the windscreen these are held in place with 3 ball and cup clips so give it a good pull and these will pop out. There are 4 fixings holding the panel on the car turn the heads of the fixings 90 degrees with a flat head screwdriver and pull the head upwards this should release them remove the wipers and hey presto. I took the bonnet off just for ease but im sure this could be done without

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.