GT220 Diff Upgrade - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: GT220 Diff Upgrade

Share/Bookmark

Car
      2013 Megane GT 220 Wagon

Default GT220 Diff Upgrade

Hey all,

Newby here - writing from Aus where I've been a proud owner of a GT220 for about 2 years now.
      I'm an auto engineer generally working on OEM development of the local performance cars, and got a lot of grief for getting a Renault originally, but since most of the office have now had a drive they are almost all converted!

There's one problem from my position. The car is great in the windy stuff, but can tend to lack some front end traction when really pushed... I'd love to do a full RS conversion, but I know what it's worth.... So I'm left pondering whether there's any simple solution to putting an LSD into the front of the GT220????

I've searched high and low, but there seems to be a severe limit of info on the GT220.... Hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the correct direction???

Andy

Car
      2013 Megane GT 220 Wagon

If no-one knows a simple answer, is anyone able to confirm what the differences in the gearbox are and possibly give me some gearbox cod numbers??

I'm happy to look into developing a solution - after all, it's basically what I do most of the time, just for Production, not aftermarket.

Car
      Megane SportTourer GT220

Sorry that I cannot help, I also own the GT220 and with a stage 1 taking it up to 307BHP struggle to keep it from spining in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I did fit the 19' steev alloys to reduce it slightly (needs 20mm spacers though) and would love to know about any other mods that can be done. would love a better tune out the exhaust but wasn't sure if just cutting the centre res out would do it any good or just turn it into a tractor. LSD would be great addition also, but as you say almost no one really deals parts for them or knows enough about them to produce anything specific.

Thread Information