Megane Sport Forum banner

Black R26

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dobby6504 
#1 ·
So,

After over 5 years of Peugeot 106 ownership including a throttle bodied 16v series 1 Rallye, a GTI6 205 gti and a little 8v sleeper I decided it was time too "grow up"

I bought my R26 from a small garage in Birmingham and was immediately impressed with how the car drove and also the power/torque!

In the first week however I had to change a drive shaft... £200 cash for a brand new shaft, fitting and gearbox oil and a friends garage, Change the dreaded side light fuse! new disks and pads up front, and 4 new tyres

I bought the brembo solid high carbon disks and DS2500 pads as Ive read good things about this combo and a friend had these on his clio and rated them very highly for road and the odd track day

I went for the Nangkang NS2R tyres with the medium compound, again I had these on my Rallye and I rated them plus through my work I got them incredibly cheap :smartass:

One thing I would say is how the R26 reminds me of my rallye, you can chuck it about a fair bit... but the back end tends to get loose!

Plans for the future are... FMIC, boost pipes, Decat, 3" system. Ive already fitted a forge BOV and blanking plate, Silicone TIP hose and pod filter and removed the OEM centre silencer from the exhuast :p

Its a bit of a mismatch read but I haven't written a blog in a while!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.