Spare Key - MeganeSport.net
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare Key

Share/Bookmark

Default Spare Key

Bought a Megane 175, but only has one key card - and the key card is missing the "emergency key". And all the writing on the buttons has worn off!

Where's the best place to get a key from? I'm based in Suffolk.

Ideally I'd like whole new keycard, i.e. new case and emergency key - then I can use my current one a as a spare.

Car
      Megane R26 F1 No.1132

i went to Renault recently for a new key for my R26, it cost be £180 they're not cheap im afraid

Car
      08' R26

Slight hijack sorry, I got a second card wih my car but the key is blank and the card doesnt work even with a new battery in it, can they be recoded by Renault, if so is that a fortune too?

Car
      MEGANE II GT DCI

recoding take about 10-15mins so should be cheap, my local renault garage (A-D Daniels, malvern) did it for us for £20.

regarding spare key, the keyt shop you get on the high street cannot be that good for renault cards, i would stick with Dealer personaly, Renault price for a new key should be around £120.

If you going or passing through france soon get it done there, the keys are ordered from France anyway and would take about 2 weeks to arrive to the uk...

Car
      2006 Megane 225

I got a new key card delivered, blade cut and programmed by a locksmith for $120 AUD, so around 60 pound, I can confirm you don't need to buy them from Renault or have the programmed, the keycard was a blank on Ebay and the locksmith used the Renault module in Truecode.

You have chosen absolutely cheap option because locksmith will provide you the keys half the price asked by the dealer.

I got blank from the Ebay and visited locksmith ventura to cut and program it. $70 has been charged for it.

Thanks guys i would definitely hire locksmith to get it programmed at cheap.

Getting the blank online and cut it by locksmith is cheaper than hiring the locksmith near you so i suggest to not to use dealers for such issues.

Great idea to get it by a professional expert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information