Megane Sport Forum banner

Fitting a sub in a CC

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ziik 
#1 ·
A mate of mine has just bought an 06 Megane CC and wanted to put the sub and amp from her previous car into it.

Would this work in a CC as I was under the impression with convertible cars that the boot is a sealed off unit not like that in a hatchback??? On that basis I'm guessing it wouldn't be any good putting a sub in the boot??

You advice please people :)

#2 ·
Remember deep bass is produced from the sub, and it's just vibrations. these will transfer througout the car and wil still make an impact by vibrating through the chasis. compared this to hatchback cars; the sound does have an easier path to travel and will generally always be louder. but big saloon cars that have propper seat belts in the rear seats have metal supports and frames in them. nite quite sealing up the boot. but does a better job than a typical saxo rear seats.

the bass will still be noticable and will sound alot deeper and punchy as you have a the effect of a solid bass enclosure. but might not be to the same effect as what she had before.

Bluestar ;)

G
#5 ·
if its not sealed you will be fine, if its sealed and got like a firewall type thing there, then you wont hear it, also where would you put it? There is no room in the CC boots at all, if the roof is down, which you could put a normal box in and never open the roof but what would be the point of owning a convertible, I think the best thing to do would be to get a nice small focal 5" sub and mount it under the seats somehow...

#8 ·
I listened to one of them in Halfords once and they are totally poo unfortunately.

At least I know now that the boot isn't totally sealed off so a sub, in theory should work.

As said though space is the main issue as with the roof down its not gonna have space for a normal sub.

Thanks for the info chaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.