Megane Sport Forum banner

1.9 DCI making slight ticking sound

2K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  benje 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys
I just brought an 05 plate megane 2 1.9DCI with 42k on the clock. Im pretty happy with it but just a few questions. Is it normal to hear a very slicht ticking at about 2k rpm? And it is only slight. Goes off at 3k and also no there at tickover. Also, i got a slight rubbing sound or clicking coming from behind steering wheel when turning large ammounts and going slow.

Also although the garage serviced it i wanna swap the oil over as i hear horror stories about turbos. Whats the best viscosity to use? any recommendations?? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Not too sure about most except for the "clicking" noise from the steering wheel.

I caused the clicking noise to happen on my old Clio when i changed the steering wheel...it cost me £80 to fix it ;)

If you take your steering wheel off there is looadds of wire wrapped round a plastic ring, if that isn't wrapped correctly it was causing the clicking noise whenever the wheel was turned. you could only really hear it at low speeds.

Do your indicators self cancel??

P.S Welcome!!

G
#3 ·
the indicators seem fine. Taking it to the dealer tonight as there is still a little warrenty left.
Oh once its out of warrenty i might have it remapped. Anyone know if it reduces life span of engine or anything. And what about fuel consumption. I know they claim it gets better but im having hard time figuring how injecting more fuel equals better MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.