H&r Lowering Springs - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: H&r Lowering Springs

Share/Bookmark

Car

Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
      Nope. The only people who get shot down are those that think they can lower, up spring rates and get a better looking car with no associated handling/ride compromises in other areas.

If you want the looks, go for it but don't try to convince yourself or others you are also improving or maintaining the existing set up. The phrase 'Trade off ' springs (nice) to mind.
      Well each to there own but you dont no what it will be like with the new springs so theres no need to say they are a bollocks product if you have never used them. Its seems to me your trying to push your own opinion on people when you keep going on about it. I get your point but il make my own mind up about them.

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by jamie <3 225 View Post
      Well each to there own but you dont no what it will be like with the new springs so theres no need to say they are a bollocks product if you have never used them. Its seems to me your trying to push your own opinion on people when you keep going on about it. I get your point but il make my own mind up about them.
      That's why its good to get other people's opinion - and it's not just mine.

I actually don't need to fit them to know what they will be like because I've been around long enough and played around with enough suspension set ups to know exactly how they will perform.

You enjoy them.

Car
      GW 200 cup modified.

I actually don't need to fit them to know what they will be like because I've been around long enough and played around with enough suspension set ups to know exactly how they will perform.

You enjoy them.
      Conley
      u obviously know your stuff...But i have to mention that when i asked about kws for my R26...u did the exact same preacher bit regarding those too!
      So combining the 2 posts perse...i take it you would recommend leaving the suspension totally stock then??!!

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Silver, Carbon'd up R26

I bought Eibach springs for my clio 172 and the ride and handling was amazing afterwards and far better than standard - I agree if you buy crap springs the ride will be terrble but H&R make quality springs and will have tested them on a car thoroughly before ever starting to sell them - also the number of clio 197 sports around with just H&R springs confirms to me that there is a good chance they will be quite acceptable ride wise.

Also I eventually did have coilovers on my clio and although it looked great it handled terribly so I can assure you coilovers are not always the best way to go.

I too have been fiddling with cars now for about 15 years and have lowered the mojority of them at some point - if it was going to cause that much of an adverse effect I wouldnt even consider it but judging by my previous experiences I am quite happy to have a go

Jamie - as I said to t Man - if you get some make sure you post lots of pics and give us a write up of your experiences

Poohbah - my mate is a renault techie - would happily do more if you fancy a trip to cardiff

Car

Thumbs up

You enjoy them.
      I try them anyway. Thanks for your input il let you no how they work out

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdaz View Post
      Conley
      u obviously know your stuff...But i have to mention that when i asked about kws for my R26...u did the exact same preacher bit regarding those too!
      So combining the 2 posts perse...i take it you would recommend leaving the suspension totally stock then??!!
      Nope. Change it by all means but be aware of what you want to achieve, research it and accept that improving in one area may also mean a compromise in another.

The KW 3 discussion was about selecting the right settings, getting a good set-up and deciding about what you actually wanted to achieve and focus on. Many have no idea and when you delve and ask the questions - you get no answers.

For the odd track day, the R26 is actually a very good set-up and also gives you a nice balance day to day on the road.

If you want something more track orientated you can improve the current set up, but a set of lowering springs isn’t the way ahead.

Preaching or a fact of life? Looks or performance? There is nothing wrong with lowering for looks, people just need to be honest about it. It aint for me.

For a more comfortable answer, it can always be chatted through with your mum, get it lowered and then get some good ‘slammed’ feedback from 17 yr olds.

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by caymanR26 View Post
      I bought Eibach springs for my clio 172 and the ride and handling was amazing afterwards and far better than standard - I agree if you buy crap springs the ride will be terrble but H&R make quality springs and will have tested them on a car thoroughly before ever starting to sell them - also the number of clio 197 sports around with just H&R springs confirms to me that there is a good chance they will be quite acceptable ride wise.

Also I eventually did have coilovers on my clio and although it looked great it handled terribly so I can assure you coilovers are not always the best way to go.

I too have been fiddling with cars now for about 15 years and have lowered the mojority of them at some point - if it was going to cause that much of an adverse effect I wouldnt even consider it but judging by my previous experiences I am quite happy to have a go

Jamie - as I said to t Man - if you get some make sure you post lots of pics and give us a write up of your experiences

Poohbah - my mate is a renault techie - would happily do more if you fancy a trip to cardiff
      A Clio 172 is easy to improve. They are much softer in roll. There are also lots of 197 owners about on H+R's that are not so sure about ride quality.

Does just buying a 'quality' spring remove the need to decide on spring rates, front and rear balance and ride heights?

Crap quality coilovers = crap mod. We can agree on that and that just emphasises the point about chosing the right upgrade for the right car and with coilovers getting them set up correctly is essential. Mention corner weighting and most will go - WTF?

This is good stuff to discuss.

Car
      LY R26

lowering a car with a reputation as already having a well sorted chassis always stirs debate.

lowering on springs only will normally have a trade off somewhere down the line but doesnt always mean that it will make the handling crap. some progressive springs work really well with stock dampers.

as for coilovers they arent always the answer either as unless they are fitted by someone very clued up you can end up in a worse mess than fitting springs. getting coilovers set up right takes time, even then they would ideally need adjsuting for differing conditions opening another set of problems.

would love to see what the r26 looks like on lower springs and find out what the ride is like

Car
      Blue 225 stg 1 and 172

Cant be bothered to read it all the way though. but these springs transformed my FF225 the handiling is a lot sharper with more feel and less roll. also looks wise its just right not to low. i choose these as i havent got a million pounds for coilovers. and one day i will fit cupped shockers, but at the mo there good enough for me.

Car
      Meg R26 White/Black

my mate put lowered eiachs on his m3 and that made the whole car feel much eter... some would argue that it was not needed but it made difference. give it a go see what you think.. if i had the money i would!!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information