Megane Sport Forum banner

Bad experience with autoglass

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  robpeyton 
#1 ·
Called auto glass yesterday for to send out a fitter to me to fix a chip in my windscreen, they came out to me today but unfortunatley I was out on site, the fitter went into our workshop asked for me and coz I wasnt there was rude to my colleagues who gave him my keys n shown him were the car was, he went inside te car and rang me saying he was not prepared to do it with me not being there, and says my insurance , Adrian flux, never pay out anyway, so he left it as it was, so I rang them to complain and got put through to there Mansfield branch were he came from, and still didn't get anywere, so looks like I will b goin else were and never using auto glass again, bunch of c**ts now I'm left fuming with still a chipped windscreen in these icey cold weather

Rant over :-D

#3 ·
i am doing, spoke to customer service about my comlaint, and at the end he says, when would you like us to book you in for to get another fitter to you?

hahaha is he having a laugh, told him i will go else were, so rand AF up and they said i can use rac windscreens if i like, give them a call see if they can come out tommorow

#5 ·
Used autoglass before too and won't again.

Replaced the windscreen on my car, but cut the damn phone mic cable in the process too so had to get it replaced and then get a cheque from them.

The guy didn't tell me he had cut the wires, but instead had tried to reconnect the wires using some electrical tape!! Good one! lol

#7 ·
Hate that Gavin prick off the adverts, I wouldn't use them out of principle coz of how annoying the adverts are.

My old Punto GT went through 3 windscreens in as many years when I had it, so unlucky with stones flying off other vehicles, I'd had a brand new one, and 2 weeks later a stone flew up off an overtaking car and cracked it again.

I have a mate in the windscreen business though, so always went to him.

#9 ·
Think of

Horrible service ,technician arrived to do the job (which according to him after finishing ) did not need repair as he cracked it further while doing the job (but even then was not big enough ) called customer service who said they will have the glass replaced under warranty ,they booked in a new job which was carried out two weeks later by two guys (who charged me £100/- before starting (said you will get a refund from cc later ) why did I believe them .

They completed the work ,but only to leave my left panel loose (on windscreen ) and the vin number that was visible clearly before now was hidden ,I tried calling customer service from that day on but no luck till over 4 weeks after when I get a letter from them saying they tried calling me but we're unable to reach me (I tried calling again but in vain ,then emailed them (the auto response said someone will contact you in two days ( lol was I imagining ) a week later someone called me with the most screechy voice saying they can't do anything as the technicians followed protocol .

Lol I don't think she even knew the spelling of Protocol ( customer service that is Autoglass ,No wonder they going Mobile as the customer service is useless )

My sincere advice ( STAY AWAY use Alternatives )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.