Megane Sport Forum banner

Passenger window not working

10K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  French Fancy 
#1 ·
Hi

Passenger window has stopped working, any idea's or is it a trip back to the stealers? car is an meg 08 dynamique S.

#13 ·
an intermittent window points to water in the harness but the harnesses arnt an extended warranty part mine went in a month ago to get the reg re-done and renno said it was water in the harness so they cleaned it off, packed it with silicone grease and told me if it happened again it would be new harness time.
now a month later its new harness time :\

#14 ·
Had mine done by renault yesterday, only had the car 4 days :(

Cost £90 for the regulator and motor to be replaced.

Car is 3 months out of warranty but I was told by renault that they cover these parts with a 75% contribution for 7 years now.

£360 seems a but steep though cant help thinking they have bumped up the price to compensate as my local garage said they could do it for £140.

#17 ·
I had the same problem on my old 04 plate Megane 3dr the drivers one failed well went up then dropped a bit eventually died, cost me £190 trade from Renault, then the N/S one just stopped working, was no feed to the motor then when it stopped raining and weather warmed up I had a feed to it so was clearly getting damp in it somewhere my thinking was the window seal at bottom, anyway I got shut off it before the other packed up

Hopefully the new Megane has improved on the window reg front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.