Mk2 thread the wait is over - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk2 thread the wait is over

Share/Bookmark

Car
      UB R26 #2338

Default Mk2 thread the wait is over

Hope these are smaller than the last effort.

After 2 months the twingo turned up at Gravells Kidwelly.
      Well we picked the twingo up last thurday , have to say i love it!!! options are bang on making the interior a bit more special, removed the airbox bung before leaving the forecourt , heres the pics

Wifes cheesy grin ready to roll from dealer

Mileage

The family

And by the end of the day!

Its now on 451 miles i am driving it and the mrs has the R26 at the moment as i am loving the little thing!!--- cheers Gary

Also fitted silvervisions all round, LED sidelight 501 and numberplate LED 501 wedges, plus PIAA super white H4

PS can a mod delete the other thread sorry.

Car
      R26r + twingo

Love it really do, I drove a friends brand new one back from the dealers at the weekend, such a great little car, ill get a post up. Enjoy it.

Car
      r26r

Looks great I want one for the misses :D

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Steel Grey FF225+Cup

What are the interior of these like compared to the lesser models? As an example, how does the interior compare to the I-Music, or the Extreme?
      We are looking at buying a fun small car at the moment (in addition to the Megane)... and an RS Twingo is on the list of possibles (along with the Twingo GT). Unfortunately, upon visiting our local Renault dealer on Sunday, we found they have neither model available as a demo... or even in the showroom to view. So, all we could look at were 4 different base models (I-Music & Extreme) .... in beige or silver ... WTF are they on !!!!

Unfortunately, those base models did not give me (or my wife) a very good impression of the Twingo... so I am a bit miffed as prior to Sunday I had it at either #1 or #2 on the list. If only I could have gotten a good look at a GT or RS....

Car
      Ultra red megane 175 lux

RS twingos look like great cars. I was trying to talk the missus into buying one but she thought it looked to much like a "boys" car lol. She bought a 206cc instead.
      I wouldn't mind one myslelf.

Car
      The Growler

Love it :D

Its a shame they didnt turbo the RS model, i hear you can get the GT to the same spec as the RS now as their are options available for it.

We contemplated a GT with the RS bodykit but the special people that work at renault are adament that the body kit wont fit the GT's, just like they said you cant turn a regular megane into a replica lol....retards.

Hope you have lots of fun in it mate, i test drove a GT and a RS and the RS was like a go kart :D makes you think anything is possible :P

Car
      Ultra red megane 175 lux

Whats the tuning potential on the rs twingo?

Car
      The Growler

Quote Originally Posted by snapper25 View Post
      Whats the tuning potential on the rs twingo?
      Not a lot, even if you remap it your going to get 5 maybe 10bhp, thats why i like the GT's you get quite a lot of BHP gains from a remap just because its a turbo lol

Cant fault the GT 1.2 Turbo, remap you probs talking 120bhp easy i'd say thats enough to start giving the Twingo RS a run for its money the only problem is the GT looks like utter ****, especially with those stupid silver accessories

Car
      UB R26 #2338

Its not about the power on these little things, the handling and the way it feels is beyond belief , i cannot believe how well it corners and brakes. Its much more sure footed than either my old 172 and cup chassis 182 i had. and as far as the 1.2 tce GT i test drove well lets just say nothing about that!. the engine is going to be a sreamer, feels very similar to the clio 1*2 engines after 5k.
      If anyone is thinking of one i would highly recomend one, i have not driven the R26 since buying it ,the wife is in that , i bloody love driving this little thing.

Car
      Ultra red megane 175 lux

I have drivin in a lupo GTI which i would imagine is quite similar. The one i was in was decked and was amazin how well it went round corners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information