Megane Sport Forum banner

Danny's Twingo 133 RS Progess Thread ..

7K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Danny133 
#1 ·
Ive never had a progress thread and stuck to it. So heres the challenge lol. 1 Thread. 1 Car. Ill try keep it that way.

Back in April 2010. I got reaaaaaaaaaaly bored! I owned a brand new Vauxhall Corsa SXI. It was white and basically an Artic replica. Gorgeous car. 1.2 Slow as ****.

Day off work i went round the dealers, 225, VXR Racing, ST, Scirroco GT. All the fun ones. (Im 20). Good laugh tbh. Saw a Twingo and couldnt stop laughing. GAY AS ****! LOL wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

I wouldnt. But my mate would lol. He bought it. Queer as.

Anyway 2 weeks later he came round and i did some work on it for him. (SMD Conversion) He took me out in it and then i had a drive. LOVED IT. Take back all my comments and that was that the search was on.

Found one i liked on about April 12th Silver and was about 40 miles away. Called them up got a settlement figure on teh corsa lalalalalala. About 2k deficit but **** it i need this 133.

Anyway April 14th i picked her up :)

RS 133 with cup pack. 12,000 miles

Got her home and the mods began.

Took off the crappy aerial and fitted a Civic Type R one. Changed every bulb in the car. Silvatecs, 6000K HIDS, LED Reverse, LED Fogs, LED Sides and Interior lights (its a fetish lol)

Then i went driving .. lots

Then i decided i was going to carbon wrap ..

Didnt really like it so that came off. I decided as the car had orange seatbelts it was going to be an orange theme .. so there it began ..

I then decided a performancy type car needed performance mods :D

Sooooooo.

Rear Strut brace from KAM Racing ordered and fitted with the aid of rachet straps .. Thanks for the discount boys!

Stripped out the rear end of its seats and spare wheel .. Left carpet and platic in place as it weighed grams and it looks better. Saved about 50KG here.

Then i got on the phone to KTEC about some goodies. While on the phone David asked me if he could borrow the car to develop a remap.

So the car got a KTEC Panel filter .. sorry no pics and then a KTEC Remap a week or so later ..

Happy days!

Car then had some lightweight TD Pro Race 1.2 Alloys. Love them!

Erm what next .. Apex Springs (Thanks Apex! - Tester Car), Grooved & Drilled Discs, Braided Lines, Castrol Fluid

The springs were naff! Soon came off and back to Holland they went where a nice man is manufacturing me a new custom set.

Then came the new RS Spoiler! Much waiting and anticipation and Renault released it! RESULT!

Then came SFS Performance. Awesome company. The MD used my car as a tester and made me up a set of silicone hoses FOC.

Then i decided to wack on the R2 Decal Kit which i was given as a sweetner for some advertising! Didnt get very far as i got bored of stickers and gave up lol!

Then i decided i needed a TRS Tow Strap! lol .. Ball ache i wont even go into how hard it was to fit!

I then decided to dress my engine bay ..

And then yesterday i fitted 4 new tyres :)

Yokohoma Parada Spec 2's .. and there i am ..

I have forgotten lots and missed bits but ill fill you in soon!

Oooooo Decals came off last night too! All plain and bare again!

See less See more
#5 ·
UPDATE:

Okay so since we last spoke

I have removed all the decals (that was actually before i wrote that update lol)

Looks much fresher again without them

I have also had the resonatror box removed from the exhuast with plans to remove the front box too so it will be a straight through. A temp solution until the KTEC system becomes available to me.

I have also modified my airbox set up ..

The standard airbox set up is naff. Sorry but it is. Resonator box placement? CAF placement? its all wierd.

Sounds pretty beefy none the less but not enough.

After watching people toy around with all sorts of ideas i thought hmm ill trey open cone how bad can it be. I can cope with the odd HP for the noise it gives.

I bought an open cone and then i bought a SS heat shield.

Havnt yet bought my CAF ducting .. but thats the next job. Im adament when i have that i will have the best solution.

Anyway all installed today and ****!

It is so loud! It makes cars on the goodwood hill climb look like playmobile! I kid you not its ridiculous! Never heard anything like it!

Im in <3

couple of vids .. not great but no video will capture just how good the sound is :)

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/FiremanDan89/?action=view¤t=induction1.mp4

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/FiremanDan89/?action=view¤t=induction2.mp4

#6 ·
Funnily enough I was looking at those tow straps on e-bay, do look cool. Was it hard to fit?

Also, what indcution kit is that? Looks pretty cool, especially with the heat shielf. Can't view the vids but must sound awesome. :)

#14 ·
thanks guys :)

i moved the videos around on PB and deleted them by accident! lol fail so will fix that later!

I love the orange in the bay so that has to stay :) baby wipes are awesome at cleaning it lol. As for total cost. No idea :) Dont wanna know!

And LiquidF1 your filter was finally posted today after a much big cock up at work and the post office :) BUT is now on its way :)

Trying to convince David at KTEC to borrow the car to make a bolt in roll cage for it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.