Megane Sport Forum banner

Meet the Twingos!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Alex_172 
#1 ·
Well, I sold my VW Lupo a couple of months back and in that time have been waiting for this.

It's my RenaultSport Twingo Gordini, number 110 of 200.

When I picked it up.

It's the interior that is the real winner though.....

Now meet my girlfriends RS Twingo 133! The story is that I went to test drive one and she fell in love with it as well. She test drove one and she was set, so ordered this one at the same time I did.

It's a 'full fat' in Glacier White with the cool pack, Cup pack, black and white pack and black wheels.

See less See more
#3 ·
The Twingo is the daily driver mate so it'll be used plenty. Well, I say plenty as much as I need which is about 3k a year anyway. lol

Only thing is, I've just got a new job and will be car sharing with the missus but I'll be using it in the evenings and weekends.

#6 ·
The white does look somewhat more purposeful. Funny thing is I'd have gone for that colour if the Gordini didn't exist, the missus knew exactly what she wanted though. As much as people might not believe it, I had virtually no influence on her choice!

They're really nice Alex. Thought you'd been quiet on here! :)

If only i could persuade the other half to go for one. Red with the anthacite wheels would be my choice (goes off to see what they're doing secondhand).

The paint on yours is gonna be lovely in terms of fleck and general detailing wonderment. :yes:
Second hand prices are really good if you're buying mate, seen some of the earlier ones go for about £8-£8,500. They'll still be in warranty as well so you can't go wrong.

Thing is for me, they tick all the boxes, fun, quick, got character, cheap to run but rare with it. You drive past Fiat 500s left right and centre but hardly any Twingos let along RS versions. Yeah you can buy a 1-2 year old car that's quicker for the same money but they won't do 30+ mpg all the time or cost me £350 to insure either! lol

Oh yeah and the paint is wicked, the glacier white looks nice clean but hardly any different if you polish it up or not, which of course I do haha. But the Malta Blue on the Gordini is a lovely colour, doesn't show up defects particularly badly but in the sun it looks brilliant.

#8 ·
How many times more is that?? haha

Thing is mate the Gordini is the one I've been after since day one, hers would be even my next choice. It's the interior that one me over on the Gordini though, to have such a small car with full leather, climate control and all the toys I couldn't resist.

#10 ·
You'd be surprised how much room is in them actually. They are very upright cars so where in the Megane your feet seem to be be out in front. Just means theres actually a decent amount of room.

I got the back of the missus Twingo and found it pretty comfy for a short drive. Clever thing is the rear seats move forward and back to give you more space in the boot if you need it.

#12 ·
Yeah the colour of the Gordini certainly comes out in the sunshine, looks more normal in the shade. The white one looks a bit more angry haha.

#14 ·
Cheers mate, both really pleased with them.

Had mine coming up for 2 months now, not run in just yet but really great little car. The girlfriend has managed about 1,700 miles but had hers about 3 months.

#16 ·
Haha yeah it makes sense mate. Part of the appeal for me is that it's a Gordni, the name alone is significant.

Having said that the wheels and interior won me totally. If I'd designed it, perhaps I'd have left out the white exterior bits purely because they're not needed but I wouldn't change that from standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.