Megane Sport Forum banner

Sunroof rattling

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  JamesScudder 
G
#1 ·
has anybody exprienced the sunroof rattling, if you open it and then re-close it, it stops for a while renault didnt seem to be able to fix this on my car, il get them to look at it again but has anybody seen this before?

#10 ·
yea there is a fix for this if it open jerkily then the runners have to much friction and renault have brought out a solution which is fitting new hinges at the back of the glass panel this helps the rattling also. or there is one where they fit foam pads at the back.

#11 ·
Ive never had this problem on mine. I have however had the rails replaced as they were out of allignment meaning the roof would goto close and then reopen as it thought there was an obstruction.

One thing you will start to notice when its frosty out is that the sunfoor makes some weird cracking like sounds as the frost moves. Found this out 2 years ago!!!! thought the whole roof was about to smash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.