Gaz Gold Suspension - Renault Megane R26 - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Gaz Gold Suspension - Renault Megane R26

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Danny View Post
      do I gather from the tone of this thread that a decent quality coilover kit being developed would go down well?

I've pushed through a few new kits for the mk2 clio recently, and those who've experienced them have been very happy. I'd be more than pleased to put in the work to get a meg kit out there if there's the interest.
      I would bet on a limited market on here. How many are already running the existing KW variant? Few.

Most of the Chavs just want the low cost lowered look. Handling is word they even have difficulty spelling.

For the more serious punters, they have to weigh up the improvements over the stock suspension.

The R26(R), for example, is very good stock for that odd track day and anyone wanting a bit more focused product with some adjustability would have to be chasing a specific objective. Not many of those more serious types around.

Plus you get the usual big hot air interest - but no actual money on the table.

Car
      To Be Continued..........

Conleys right, putting aside my thoughs on the Gaz kit, even at the price it was offered (which was pretty decent given it inc fitment and corner weighting), there were hardly any people who had interest genuine enough to put their hand in their pocket.

Having been from R26 suspension, to the Gaz kit and then on to a set of R26R suspension, i'm genuinely of the opinion that the R26R set-up is the perfect compromise for fast road and track. I'd have to be doing track days seriously into double figures per year to justify changing again. The one downside is the price of the .R suspension, which from the dealer, is eye-watering for a non-adjustable set-up quite frankly.

Again, putting aside my thoughts on why people should make suspension changes, the sort of kit that would sell well atthe moment is a cheap (£600 or less) coilover kit with some fancy looking adjustment knobs. Had the H&R kit been a bit cheaper and had some kind of damping adjustment I think it would have sold very well, as it represents what a large majority of people seem to be after.

At the other end of the market, the bases are already covered. AST have their kit and Nitron have theirs and KW have the V3 set-up which is the one which seems the best compromise for road/track that i've seen.

Car
      230 F1

agree with everything above!

and no I wouldn't buy them again, in fact I tried to sell them and go back to offset spring axis with custom springs but couldn't get the droop stops to work with in your own garage engineering. Different car I am talking about though, the Megane may have much better geometry in terms of hard points but it's probably much of a muchness.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by Henry R26 View Post
      agree with everything above!

and no I wouldn't buy them again, in fact I tried to sell them and go back to offset spring axis with custom springs but couldn't get the droop stops to work with in your own garage engineering. Different car I am talking about though, the Megane may have much better geometry in terms of hard points but it's probably much of a muchness.
      For guys that just bolt in a set of sensibly sourced direct replacement adjustables, if they stick to sensible ride heights for the spring rates there should be no significant geometry issues.

Unfortunately, most just want a 30mm drop, 20mm wheel spacers and with no clue on spring rates they end up with a pup that only impresses the Morrison supermarket slappers.

Car
      R26 stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post

Unfortunately, most just want a 30mm drop, 20mm wheel spacers and with no clue on spring rates they end up with a pup that only impresses the Morrison supermarket slappers.
      which is OK for those punters. but then again I'm always asking myself, why did they went for the R26? why not a golf, seat or something more suitable for low-cost show off?

Car
      Silver, Carbon'd up R26

Sorry but a golf or seat isn't going to cost any less to mod than a megane - personally would expect those to be more expensive

I personally love fast renaults but also like to make the car a bit more unique and a bit more special to me - Personally a non modded car is pretty uninteresting car in my opinion (unless talking big money) but each to their own - car shows would be boring as he'll though if each car was as it left the production line

Car
      Nissan Micra 1.0 Twister

Quote Originally Posted by caymanR26 View Post
      Sorry but a golf or seat isn't going to cost any less to mod than a megane - personally would expect those to be more expensive

I personally love fast renaults but also like to make the car a bit more unique and a bit more special to me - Personally a non modded car is pretty uninteresting car in my opinion (unless talking big money) but each to their own - car shows would be boring as he'll though if each car was as it left the production line
      Mods for looks isnt my scene but people can do what they want. Free Country.

The ones that drop a crap suspension or tuning mod on and then try to convince people its a big improvement need educating. There are loads of em, mostly outside MacD's.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information