Megane Sport Forum banner

Megane GT

7K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  aab 
#1 ·
Hey new poster, Just picked up a 2008 GT 2.0t moved over from my fiat grande punto sporting m -jet.

Any way looking to remove the centre section to make it sound abit more beefy, Has any one doen this. Many of the T jetters did it to there puntos and it sounded great. Are there any cons, Also what are some otehr performance mods i could do woudl mind gettin to 200bhp.

Cheers

#2 ·
some guys have removed the back box on there meg sports & some have gone for the middle section... most people say it sounds much better... dnt no bout the GT tho but it most sound similar. Have a look on utube, some vids on there.

Power wise... im guessing with a remap you would get over 200hp pretty easy... contact paul at Rs tuning he'l give you the answers for remap gains ect... :)

#3 ·
Thanks for the speedy reply. Megane tuning is so much more expensive then fiat tuning. remap all in for my GPS was £199 from red dot. I've heard hes the best around though. Sorry what sounds better centre section or back box? Centre section is relativley cheap. Only 19 on a student budget ya see haha ;)

#6 ·
Red dots map on my 225 trophy was rubbish... infact the standard renault map made more when i had it on the dyno... I would never use them tbh... buts its up to you pal.

Use the search on induction kits loads of threads about them on here.... but most stay with the standard airbox & panel filter. Ive got an induction kit on my F1 and made good power when dyno'd ;)

Paul

#16 ·
Ahhhh, another Megane GT owner! :)

I have one too (also the petrol version) with the K-tec sports exhaust fitted and I love it. It produces a very nice deep sound which far from loud. And the big tailpipes make the GT's rear look so much better compared to the small ones stock. But I guess chopping the backbox would make it sound alot better aswell. Maybe you can even order those K-tec tailpipes seperately (without the rest of the exhaust system). That would really make your GT look great.

And get it mapped properly, you will love it. I had mine done aswell (I fitted a mk2 k-tec intercooler though) and it topped at around 210whp and 290lbft torque. Incredibly fast, and probably faster than a stock RS due to the weight advantage.

Im having it lowered in the next two weeks (eibach pro springs) with 20mm spacers at the back. The GT's rearwheels just sit wayy to much on the inside, making the car look like crap (in my opinion) :p

I have a topic somewhere in the Car Blogs section though, lots of pics in it. Can't wait for yours :)

#17 ·
Sweet ill take some photos next time its clean :) lol. Nice sounds good. Yer the back wheels are well in the arches :/. I had the sportlines on my GPS but dont think they do them for the megane. Whats the link to your blog mate ( still getting used to the site).

#21 ·
I had the K-tec sports exhaust on mine and it sounded really good with a nice burble .....! if you wanna spend less money then get your back box choped off.
you could get a itg panel filter, forge intercooler and rst map then then thats you sorted power wise.

#22 ·
Hey sorry i havnt been on. Cool thanks for the replies, on a more important note. Ive broken the licnese plate bulb holder while trying to change a bulb......the prongs just came out with the old bulb :/. Its just had a whole new rear loom in at renault so cant take it back as they will just say i broke it. I'm wondering if any one has the part number or a website where i can get the holder from. It has also fused the lights i think, so what fuse i need and how to fit it.

#23 ·
the light you can buy from renault for about £12 if I remember correctly - I need 2 of them myself as the connections have rusted and the bulbs are really dim
The fuse (if its the same as on the RS) is in the engine bay - think you need to take the battery out then can get to the fuse box - the fuses are mounted underneath a panel though so needs to be unclipped then its on the underside - I got my mechanic to do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.