Anyone with steering/hub problems.... - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Anyone with steering/hub problems....

Share/Bookmark

Car
      SCd 172,Willy1 & Stg1 225

Well RUK aren't any help, the dealer however have been brilliant and not charged me a penny for stripping the hubs down or tracing the other MOT failure, which was a leaking washer fluid pump. I've had a quote of just over £2480 to fix all the issues (including a new drive shaft) and obviously that's a little on the insane side.

Spoke to Dave at Aarons Autos who is doing everything at a fraction of the cost! To say I'm releived is an understatement!

Car
      Megane 225

Default Refurbed Hubs - Megane 225 on its way out.

Hi,
      Is anyone on here still doing the refurb'ed hubs?

After I potholed my Megane 225 I took the car to my local renault garage (not main dealer) expecting to replace 1, (maybe 2) shock. I was quoted £1,300 to basically replace the whole front suspension. I took the car away for a second opinion and had a new engine mount (made a lot of difference), 1 new shock.

A month later I took it back for a pre-mot as the suspension still wasn't right. They replaced the link arms. They then sent it out for an MOT but it returned to garage with failed bearings, swivel joint etc, one apparenlty can be replaced but another is part of the hub assembly. The garage that has done the work so far say they have been unable to locate a new hub, so will be 1-2 weeks back order, but I don't want a new one anyway. My Megane 225 is now on 140,000 miles (one careful owner) and I was hoping to trade it in for a small amount off a new Mazda 3 Fastback when they are released in January (sorry Renault).

Unfortunately, though my MOT wasn't due for 2 weeks the failed MOT means I shouldn't drive until repaired so I need parts asap. I'm picking it up this afternoon so will get the part number for the part I need. If anyone can supply the hub that would be appreciated.

Car
      Megane with BOOOST!

is a little bit play in the hub bearing anything?

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Aaron's Autos did my bearings last week. What a difference! It is now actually enjoyable to drive!

Car
      megane225

Hi All is there a guide on the site for replacing the swivel arm bearings?

Car
      Blue 225 stg 1 and 172

Search my my post and you will see how they all come apart. You can just tap them out the back no special tools required

Car
      Megane225

Can anybody help me I'm looking to buy 2x lower swivel bearing as I'm a mechanic so am hoping to fit myself as I have play in both of them

Car
      Megane 225 trophy

Anyone. I'm looking to purchase some also

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information