Megane Sport Forum banner

250RS v R26R at the Ring

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  conley 
#1 ·
When over at the Ring last Sunday a chap asked me for a pax ride in the Meg. He was there in his 250RS so I took him out and he returned the favour when I got back.

To say I was impressed with the 250 was an understatement. I would of honestly said that there would be nothing in it between the 250 and the 26R.

That was until a chap came in behind us in a black 26R. What a battle the two chaps had, both are quite local and were totally on the limit. The 26R had the edge slightly but when we got back to the car park the 26R was on Cups and the 250 was on PS's.

When speaking to the 250 driver he reckoned he can do 8:10 laps all day which I would believe, very impressive.

What a car the 250 is but I still wouldn't swap the 26R. ;)

#2 ·
That was until a chap came in behind us in a black 26R. What a battle the two chaps had, both are quite local and were totally on the limit. The 26R had the edge slightly but when we got back to the car park the 26R was on Cups and the 250 was on PS's.
So you're 2up in the 250, in a heavier car, with road tyres - and the R only just had the edge?

These 250's are growing on me......

#3 ·
Experienced 3x laps as pax in a 26R last weekend.
Irish guy who leaves his white car over there.

Did 8.35 but was held up on 2 occasions. Scared the bejesus out of me. The 888s were fantastic, as were the brake pads he was running (Endless?).

Was amazed at how well they went through the bends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.