Megane Sport Forum banner

The Gordini 1 year on

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  snapper25 
#1 ·
The Gordini is now over a year old so thought I'd put this updated thread up. Also recently ticked over the 1k mark too.

The only major change to the car that I intended to make....

Apart from liking the look there's a practical reason I went for the the wheel change. The standard wheels are £425 each to replace, combine that with a standard, stretched 195/40/17 tyres which have absolutely no forgiveness and it's a case of waiting for them to get damaged! lol :lol: So I opted for a set of Team Dynamics 17" Pro Race 3 with 205/40/17 in white to match the white details.

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I know the Gordini is an acquired taste and white rims sound more Marmite than anything but they seem to have set the car off brilliantly. The stock rims are lovely looking rims and do go nicely but there's nothing really on the car that's silver. At least the white rims match the white trim on the car. Subtle, no but well suited I think. You lot seem to think so haha

1000 miles? Pretty standard procedure hey Alex?! ;)
Low mileage is pretty much standard for my cars now. I do try but I love my cars, in fact I love all cars yet I don't really need one! lol

#11 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys! The Gordini certainly is a Marmite car but I reckon these wheels tone down the collection of different colours and finishes. The stock rims I love but they are fussy, where as the simple white rims just seem to work.

Anyway, I did a bit of LED shopping and replaced the side lights with these 5 LED bulbs and the interior bulb.

Then thought I'd add my Dodo Juice clinger for good measure!

#13 ·
I was thinking of something like that as I've seen it done and not an expensive job by all accounts.

I may do that at some point but this bulbs only cost £1! haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.