Megane Sport Forum banner

Area meet 'Saturday 15th October' I've decided!

11K views 59 replies 18 participants last post by  ian.subaru 
#1 ·
Hey guys :)

Rght once again i'm going to try and organise something for us! As there has been a small amount of interest recently and rather than leave the options open for you guys, i'm going to jump one step ahead. Hopefully being a bit more proactive and get things moving along for us.

Right know that some people have said recently about getting a meet together, but as anything; trying to organise something a bit last minute is never going to work. if things do go to plan i dont see why not that we can have smaller meets more regulalry. as said before living on the South coast, we're kind of stuck out the way a but on our own. but we have the better weather and roads, and away from the big smokey cities :p

I'm going to set the dat as 'Saturday 15th October' and that will give us 6 weeks to get finger out of hole and start to do something about it. however it is also a date when i am not at work, so unless anyone has a real problem about this and thinks i'm being unreasonable or selfish; please step forward and say. as i have had no interest previously, i dont forsee this being a problem though.

I've also given it enough time ahead for people to plan around this and try to arange thinsg with kids, work, girlfriends/boyfriends, family etc. and i think 6 weeks is a resonable amount of time too. depending on interest i might also send this over to clio sport and twingo133 owners too.

as for location and where to meet, i'll try and make it centralised for the majority of people that are interested. and then look for a location in a few weeks. as for a time, i'm looking at about mid afternoon evening time. maybe we could get together and have a drink somewhere.

if anyone objects to this then please mention something in the thread and i will see what i can do. i'm going to stick with the date for now, rather than make it provisional. but if this is a balls up, i'll change it.

Drive safe and have fun guys...:yes[1]:
Bluestar

See less See more
#7 ·
:( sorry mate i would change it but going to stick with this date for now. as will be forever changing to suit peoples needs. however once there are a few on the list and regular contact and posting on here, i'll organise more for us. i know maybe it sounds harsh, but at the end of the day someone is always going to miss out :(

also as you are on the isle of wight, i dont want you to come over on ferry if nobody turns up either! like i said before the last meet that i organised, 1 other person turned up!

#12 ·
Anyone for keys in a pot :p swap cars lol and go for a drive.... might fix some issues for some but not for others (nick197) lol.

right cheers guys. i'll do some head scratchintg and see what i can come up with over the next week. nice to see you are all on board.

#13 ·
Saturday 15th October sounds good.

FYI I'm the Cliosport Area Rep for South Central so I can spread the word on CS if you like.

Winchester would be good, as it's farily central and easy to get to. I use the Chesil Street multistorey for meets, it's cheap to park, good for pictures and close to some nice pubs.

Also if anyone wants to go for a drive I know some epic roads :)

#14 ·
that would be good mate but just keep it here for now. as there is a bit of interest and could actually get some numbers together. i dont want people to feel out of place with other members there too from another club. not to start off with anyway. if you get what i mean. it's no offence to you or clios. just that we have never had a proper meet before. and would be good as a first start.

#16 ·
We used to have a reasonable amount of cars turn up when we did the meets at Port Solent, but the last one it was just me and Bluestar! lol.
I'm up for popping down and saying hello - (I'll park my car elsewhere as I sold the R26) haha. Did test drive a LY one in Port Solent last week tho. Wish I could commit to the funds to buy it!

#18 ·
Hi Bluestar, how about I see how much it is ££££££££££££££££££££ to get club entery to the National Motor Museum. lots of car clubs go there ,as you and i both know there are some very interesting roads around the forest as an extera insentive.
Just a thought to add to the pot.
Regards Kelvin

#19 ·
Hey guys J

Right, i’m literally dying here at the moment. Think i havecaught a cold from Castle Combe at the weekend; the weather was shocking on Saturdaymorning! anyway, 4 cans of monster energy later and i’m bouncing at thefreaking walls :D

So a few of you have made a few suggestions already and nowwe have a few people interested in coming out; should be a good afternoon/evening.Do you guys want to meet up and just go for a drive? Or do you want to sit down somewhere and have a drink and something to eat too?

Over the next couple of days could you please give me anidea on what you would like to do please if it’s more for a drive or having a goodold chin wag and sit down for something to eat. Also will anyone be comingalong with wife/girlfriends/family?

I know a couple of places around the new forest that arereally nice to sit down after a drive, or even out towards Portsmouth. How farare you guys willing to travel?

#20 ·
Hope you're feeling better soon mate

I'm pretty easy on either option but a good drive in the afternoon with a drink or food at the end of it sounds top dollar to me. New forest is local for me so that's great, but I'm new to the area so discovering some good roads would be fantastic. I'm equally happy to travel and see some new spots. The dates in the diary now so I'm down for whatever gets sorted ;)

#24 ·
I'm coming but under no circumstance is anyone to look at my car because it got a big door dent to add the some other small shopping dings today. I can't live with the shame. The car throws loads of mechanical hurt at me but having a bad body shell and chipped alloys from the tyre fitters not being able to get the dunlops off, i just can't take that kind of abuse.

#27 ·
Hey guys,
right i think i have found somewhere good for us all :) i've been a bit delayed getting back to you on here as i'm currently offshore at the moment and work is manic! but i've managed to get a few guys to drive past and have a look at the place that would be sutable. i've had to call around to find places that are willing to accept a large number of cars and still have parking available to cater for other customers, mainly just out of respect and courtesy.

the place that i have decided is in the new forest, christchurch area. so i'm sure we could have a nice drive down there. it's situated next to a lovely hotel that wwe can also use they car parking space too. i cant get the website link of the place to work at the moment, so if you can google it and have a look. any objections then please speak up.

The Conqueror Inn

The East Close Country Hotel, Lyndhurst Road, Hinton, Christchurch, BH23 7EF

i'm not going to tell you guys what to do, but common sense and respect please. because we dont want anyone turning up tearing up the car park :p scaring the living daylights out of people. no matter how loud your dump valves are hehe.

also if you can just start a list please on here of who is definitely still coming and if you will have someone else to comeing along too. and i will get a table booked if people are interested in getting something to eat. or maybe if you just want to sit down for a drink.

sorry if this post doesnt make much sense :s been up for the last 20 hours and need match sticks at the moment :sleep:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.