No. 45 - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No. 45

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Renaultsport Megane R26.r

Default No. 45

Here we go
      White with Black wheels and Ti exhaust.

heres how she stands today
      http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp?b=true&nav=2
      post title, Monday 10th October 2011.

to do list includes Red Wheels, Standard radio with iPod cable and possibly some eletric wing mirrors.

regards
      Ross

Car
      LY 265FF

Hows the hybrid treating!?

Car

The hybrid is lovely. On purchase of the car I simply felt the engine had so much more to give and was being restricted. I know when I had the Trophy (clio)mapped it was more fun to drive, more economical and sounded better. Thus my aim was to recreate what I loved about the Clio in the Megane, drivability, economy and the power gains the car should have been sold with in the first place.

Pulling apart an F4R engine in the Clio wasn’t too difficult even for a dinlo like me, the Megane however is a far more scary prospect, even though it’s basically the same, hence me handing it over to K-Tec.

Conclusively I very happy with the results, the car has much more punch and the Ti exhaust sings a symphony now. Another charming feature is the more lively sounds of driving, crackling over run unobstructed or restricted by a cat, to the occasional bang under hard acceleration. Living in Southampton I’m very much restricted to economy by the obscene amount of traffic lights, those who know; know. However on a recent eco drive to Alton Towers from Southampton I achieved a healthy 53.0 mpg, even with spats of misbehaving. As for driveability that’s of course is more the skill of the driver, however by opening up the rave range and power band most gears offer good pull and I’m better able to predict how the car will react. Concurrently big brakes are a must to any power and I couldn’t be more impressed with what’s on there now, stopping power is phenomenal and the pedal much more responsive to my inputs.

On reflection I feel I’m part way to achieving what I set out to do, and with a spattering of engine bay colour at least looks pretty.

Update : http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp

Today’s update comes before I’ve had a chance to pick up the car. So what’s new?

I wanted to begin to add my own personal touches to the car to make if for me but in a way that would offend others or the purists.
      I missed music!! Music is always on when I’ m awake so a radio was needed, my dilemma, I like things to look aesthetical and as they should be,, I can’t stand ‘rip speed’ or vulgar led displays , thus OG was what I wanted. Granted Renault head unit is capacitated technology wise, but my only want was iPod connectivity, so it does the job. Fortunately with the introduction of Renaults new radio system iPod adaption is even easier than the 182. Thus the radio and speakers where robed from an R26 and found a new home where a blanking plate used to live.

Also on the robbery list where the electric wing mirrors from an R26, because the ‘r’ is currently street parked, the wing mirrors on rare occasion are subject to change. An ability to adjust and control within a six point was incentive enough to see the labour through, and I have no doubt, a new owner wouldn’t object.
      I never liked the black wheels, so having the option to change was a welcome one.

Finally, the reason it went to K-tec in the first place, MOT time. The de-cat MOT problem is an expensive one. So this little solution of turning a 4 hour each way job into a 30min one, simply a delightful alternative that allows me to enjoy my childish thrills from crackles and bang and not have to use an ISA account for ever MOT.

So surely I must be done now?
      Not quite, I’ m nearly there though. From my limited research it is my understanding the suspension is the same as other Sport Megane II models, thus there is room for reasonable improvement. The Trophy felt beautiful after its Mark Fish upgrades, it made a wonderful handling car complimentary to even the most dim-whited driving style. Mark unfortunately cannot provide, so a set of coil overs with the ability to adjust the camber, as well as an aesthetical 10mm drop on the front and 15mm on the back, is probably the next best solution. Suggestions welcome to brand.

The Numbers Game
      The car is currently producing 291bhp, not bad. Being human though, i want more and I’d like to break the 300bhp mark. So how do I intend to achieve this? Honestly it’s already the upper limits of the car, potentially cams, but I’m not too sure I’ll let you know when I do.

Anything else
      Cam cover powder coated matte black, when cambelt time rolls around.(the theme is as follows, soild; white, connective silocones; red and a matte black cam cover)
      I’d also love to be able to heat shield the turbo with white ceramic/enamel coating. The engine bay temperatures are so hot. The clio this was an easy fix, PTFE gaskets meant even after 4 laps of the Nurburgring the engine was cold to the touch, not the case in the Megane and I wish it were so. Suggestions welcome.

Thank you for taking the time I hope this was useful and potentially interesting
      Kind regards
      Ross
      Last edited by Trophy264; 16-03-2012 at 22:26:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy264 View Post
      Finally, the reason it went to K-tec in the first place, MOT time. The de-cat MOT problem is an expensive one. So this little solution of turning a 4 hour each way job into a 30min one, simply a delightful alternative that allows me to enjoy my childish thrills from crackles and bang and not have to use an ISA account for ever MOT.
      Welcome - Nice "little" story.....did they weld you a sports cat in?

Car

I'll post a picture if you like when I pick up the car Wednesday. so anyone else running a decat can bear this in mind.

* same streetfighter from Cliotrophy.com ??

Car
      R26.R

A Clio trophy must go like stink with an R 26 engine in it, what do that roughly cost for the conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy264 View Post
      I'll post a picture if you like when I pick up the car Wednesday. so anyone else running a decat can bear this in mind.

* same streetfighter from Cliotrophy.com ??
      Please do, yes, that would be me.

Car

Great little read up! I noticed you've got the larger discs and bells, how are you finding these? I was thinking of going for this set up myself.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by a16pse View Post
      A Clio trophy must go like stink with an R 26 engine in it, what do that roughly cost for the conversion
      i think you've misunderstood, i had a Clio Trophy and have moved to the 'r', my written style is poor my apologies.

Car
      R26.R

An R26r or the r26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information