No. 45 - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No. 45

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Renaultsport Megane R26.r

Quote Originally Posted by g10far View Post
      Great little read up! I noticed you've got the larger discs and bells, how are you finding these? I was thinking of going for this set up myself.
      absolutely fabulous.
      my original thoughts of the braking capabilities of the 'r' where not good, then i feel this of all the cars I've owned. I wanted the best set up i could afford so opted for the big discs, DS25000, braided lines and new fluid.

It took some time to adjust to the new stopping distances, my passengers would agree. I have only needed to emergency stop with them once, I couldn't have been more impressed, genuinely shocked and how fast the car slowed.

now that some time has passed i find them fine for every day driving, and would highly highly recommend them. i cannot comment on track as of yet but i have no doubt they will hold there stopping capabilities.

i hope this has answered your question adequately, if not please say

regards
      Ross

Car

Quote Originally Posted by a16pse View Post
      An R26r or the r26
      its a white R26.r, Ti exhaust, cage and now red wheels. does the link provided not work?

Car

street fighter, i think i met you at a protsmouth meet, you had an M3?

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy264 View Post
      absolutely fabulous.
      my original thoughts of the braking capabilities of the 'r' where not good, then i feel this of all the cars I've owned. I wanted the best set up i could afford so opted for the big discs, DS25000, braided lines and new fluid.

It took some time to adjust to the new stopping distances, my passengers would agree. I have only needed to emergency stop with them once, I couldn't have been more impressed, genuinely shocked and how fast the car slowed.

now that some time has passed i find them fine for every day driving, and would highly highly recommend them. i cannot comment on track as of yet but i have no doubt they will hold there stopping capabilities.

i hope this has answered your question adequately, if not please say

regards
      Ross
      Thanks for the feedback. It does help although I'm aiming more for track use. I agree what you said about the braking capabilities, or it may just be me expecting too much from it!

Car
      Megane R26.R

Quote Originally Posted by g10far View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. It does help although I'm aiming more for track use. I agree what you said about the braking capabilities, or it may just be me expecting too much from it!
      I recently changed my brake set-up. I have PF 330mm front disc assy (fully floating, alloy bells), PF 07 front pads & PF 01 rear pads. Mocal braided lines & Motul RBF660 fluid. I have to say that the stopping power is immense and virtually fade free. I had some concerns about brake balance, but this set-up retains (imo) the OE characteristics.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by R26RScott View Post
      I recently changed my brake set-up. I have PF 330mm front disc assy (fully floating, alloy bells), PF 07 front pads & PF 01 rear pads. Mocal braided lines & Motul RBF660 fluid. I have to say that the stopping power is immense and virtually fade free. I had some concerns about brake balance, but this set-up retains (imo) the OE characteristics.
      Nice one thanks for your feedback dude. I have just changed my pads to PF's, was thinking to get change the lines too. Do you use use your R on the road much?

Car
      Megane R26.R

It's not my daily drive and gets 50/50 road and track (high days & dry days!) They seem to work well on road, even from cold - the initial bite is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy264 View Post
      street fighter, i think i met you at a protsmouth meet, you had an M3?
      E46? Maybe, would have been a couple of years ago though if it was me.
      How's the sports cat then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information