Megane Sport Forum banner

New Renault Clio Mk4

13K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  snapper25 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Renault have done me proud. I heard they were droppin the 250/265 engine in the new clio which ok down tuned but i had a nightmere where loads of little clio's were taking over me lol

In all fairness is 1.6t almost the same power out put as the 2.0na? Maybe 15bhp more? sounds like a silly boy racing vxr to me!

#22 ·
Have you seen the thread on ClioSport.net regarding the new R.S. Clio? I found it via Google and it's hilarious.

They're all just hating the car (though I get the impression they don't like anything past the 182?). It's the total opposite of the guys on the VXR forum who are defending the new VXR blindly, these guys are hating without even seeing the real thing yet!

Having seen a few more videos though, I'm still very tempted to chop the Megane in for one next year. Boot space looks good (for a small car), rear space looks excellent too. I like the look of the interior, and if the engine puts out ~210bhp, I think it'll be pretty rapid. I actually love the fact it's a turbo. More torque and less thrashing the nuts off it to go anywhere. Should make it a better on the road than the current Clio.

#26 ·
sorry guy's i think it looks terrible from the front, and it looks like a seat ibiza from behind but most dissapointing for me is that gearbox,
i simply would not touch one with that box hope the next meg isnt like it otherwise my 250 will be the last renaultsport i buy im afraid
hope renault do well with it but they wont be getting my hard earned

#27 ·
Depends what you use it for I guess. As a day to day car it looks great to me. The auto will be good in traffic but I bet the flappy paddles will be fun on a b-road blast.

I'm not convinced about the engine note, but I'm sure it will have a reasonable number of options....

I'll definitely be test driving one of these before deciding on what to do with the 250 when the PCP ends.

#28 ·
it wont make one piece of difference to me m8, the only car i would own again with an auto box would be a luxury sallon
im afraid if this is the way renaultsport are going i wont be looking for another, i just dont find them involving enough for a fun car like a hot hatch
very boring after you have lived with them for a few days carry on sir if you enjoy them though but im not a fan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.