New Renault Clio Mk4 - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Renault Clio Mk4

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Clio R27 #446

The front end is nasty.. The badge reminds me of when peugeot released it inlayed into the front which IMHO is horrible.

We shall see what they do between now and release..

Car
      250+Cup / Caterham 7

Have you seen the thread on ClioSport.net regarding the new R.S. Clio? I found it via Google and it's hilarious.

They're all just hating the car (though I get the impression they don't like anything past the 182?). It's the total opposite of the guys on the VXR forum who are defending the new VXR blindly, these guys are hating without even seeing the real thing yet!

Having seen a few more videos though, I'm still very tempted to chop the Megane in for one next year. Boot space looks good (for a small car), rear space looks excellent too. I like the look of the interior, and if the engine puts out ~210bhp, I think it'll be pretty rapid. I actually love the fact it's a turbo. More torque and less thrashing the nuts off it to go anywhere. Should make it a better on the road than the current Clio.

Car
      Trophy™ No.183

I like it a lot - potential for some decent tuning too.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      250+Cup / Caterham 7

Love it, was certainly short listing for a new car next year. Until, I read about the simulated engine note...time will tell I guess.

Car
      Oyster 250 ff cp

sorry guy's i think it looks terrible from the front, and it looks like a seat ibiza from behind but most dissapointing for me is that gearbox,
      i simply would not touch one with that box hope the next meg isnt like it otherwise my 250 will be the last renaultsport i buy im afraid
      hope renault do well with it but they wont be getting my hard earned

Car
      250+Cup / Caterham 7

Depends what you use it for I guess. As a day to day car it looks great to me. The auto will be good in traffic but I bet the flappy paddles will be fun on a b-road blast.

I'm not convinced about the engine note, but I'm sure it will have a reasonable number of options....

I'll definitely be test driving one of these before deciding on what to do with the 250 when the PCP ends.

Car
      Oyster 250 ff cp

it wont make one piece of difference to me m8, the only car i would own again with an auto box would be a luxury sallon
      im afraid if this is the way renaultsport are going i wont be looking for another, i just dont find them involving enough for a fun car like a hot hatch
      very boring after you have lived with them for a few days carry on sir if you enjoy them though but im not a fan

Car
      R26, Qashqai, 182 TBC

R sound effects, Hmm sounds gash.

Still love the rear end and those alloys, cabin looks good too, front end will grow on me I'm sure.
      Last edited by IamAHamSandwich; 27-09-2012 at 16:04:08.

Car
      250+Cup / Caterham 7

I can see why a lot of people will be annoyed about the auto/flappy paddle only option if they're looking for a fun/fast hot hatchback. I'm seeing this from the view of a fast road car that'll be frugal on the petrol when it needs to be, but fast enough to overtake on the back roads when it needs to. I've got my Caterham for the "pure" driving experience, but couldn't live with a big lardy diesel as my normal car.
      Last edited by framerateuk; 27-09-2012 at 16:50:51.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information