Megane Sport Forum banner

Spa 2012 Trip Questions Thread

41K views 198 replies 20 participants last post by  HoopsR26R 
#1 ·
As title, any questions about the RenaultSport Track day trip to Spa, Francorchamps, post here !

#33 ·
Not sure Clarki but there aren't many crossings each day, what price are you getting? Looking at dover to dunkirk is only £58 at the mo using P&O ferries so this maybe an option,although its a 2 hour slog. Or theres the traditional dover-calais currently at £95ish. Info swipped from directferries.co.uk.

Lol sunnylunn, bargin does that include brekki :)

#36 ·
Thanks for the PM Dave.

Im assuming everyone doing Spa will be heading over the day before on the Thursday? Is there a convoy being arranged to go down on the Thursday or is it a case of get yourself to the hotel and meet in the bar wearing your best suede smoking jacket for baby shams and egg nogs in the evening!!?? Seriously though, is everyone just making their own way down? Happy to do either but if theres a convoy it would be more fun and make journey less boring.

#48 ·
I reckon we could get a ferry, b+b, spa and ring for under £600, add fuel and food tho and we are at near £1000, on that bassis id be out, however i would be tempted to be the trip tramp, fill my boot with beans and soup, a gas cooker, a doss bag and basha and legra up lol, then my only expense would be fuel, ferry and track time costing me about £700 in total. Lol trampy but could be worth it.

#51 ·
Which group is everyone going in? Looks like they have thrown in an extra group this year so we have:

Novice, Beginner, Experienced, Advanced.

The Advanced was full of loons last year, the chaps on the continent clearly have some anger management issues! :)

#52 ·
Im tempted to go for the experienced. Whats interesting is im wondering if we get less time on track now there are 4 groups as oppose to 3 !!

You can do the trip budget. Our mate stayed in a cheaper hotel a couple of years back and to say the accommodation was crap was an understatement. I guess it depends where you stay.

The train would be quicker thats for sure. Looking at the prices theres not much in it between the ferry and choo choo.

Im defo going down the Thursday, more likely around 10am ish.

#54 ·
I think i will be driving down with the missus - take the Eurotunnel for ease and speed - go down Thursay midday, steady drive down, stay at the Radisson Blu Thur and Fri night, Spa on the Friday and then drive across to Paris for Sat/Sun - then get Eurostar back Sun evening. Be good to meet up for a beer in hotel and then meet some faces at Spa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.