rival for the ITG - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rival for the ITG

Share/Bookmark

Car
      my08 STI/106 S1 Rallye TB

Cool rival for the ITG

well as ive said on my blog ive been waiting over a year for the development of the old ktec induction kit which fell through due to the lack of the airbox from renault.

over the last few mounths ktec have been working on a new cheaper alternative which i have personally eagly awaiting and constantly keeping in touch with ktec regards this.

last they told me is it should be out very soon feb time.

the info they gave me is it would make gains of 13bhp on a standard car and would fit unlike the old one with the standard battery in place.

there is some pics come up on their blog which im 99% sure is the proter type of this kit.

im yet to get a price back from david, but thought id share it with you sure ktec wont mind as knw a lot of you are after the ITG.

"KTR Megane 2 RS induction kit.

Following Renault's decision to stop producing the very effective Espace V6 air box we have had to hault the development of our long awaited induction kit.

However, we have been testing a much simpler kit which will replace the standard factory air box, without the need to change the battery. We intend to use an open foam air filter complete with custom alloy inlet elbow which will fit into a cut down standard or silicone air inlet pipe. The kit is also supplied with a heatshield and fitting kit and early testing has seen gains of 13bhp on a completely standard car.

More testing will take place in January when we have a fully finished prototype to test.

Thats all for now, we hope some of these parts will be of interest next year.

KTR."

they also have a cage on the way for you 250/265 lot.

good to the 250 mods growing.

above info from their page

http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp
      Last edited by ericooper; 18-01-2012 at 19:36:55. Reason: miss post

Car
      Liquid Yellow F1

Looks interesting

Some time this year I will be developing my own for less than 50% of the ITG Price

It may work and offer good gains but for what you get, its not worth the 300+ price tag IMO

Car

thats why im waiting on a ktec price, as 300 is a lot, to be honest you could do both kits DIY really, might have a play with both set ups, the ktec looks eaisy to copy, just need to get the metal pipeing fabriacted.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Black R300 + FQ340.

So the filter is located in the engine bay still, where the air box used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HERC View Post

Some time this year I will be developing my own for less than 50% of the ITG Price
      I would do the same but unfortunately I don't have the time!

Car
      Liquid Yellow F1

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
      I would do the same but unfortunately I don't have the time!
      well if you wanna team up we could..

the way I see it I can put the pipework together for two kits for about £90 maby less, all thats needed after that is the filter

HERC - Thanks for the offer, I should honour the group buy now though. The trickiest bit will be the battery and ECU.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by +MJ+ View Post
      So the filter is located in the engine bay still, where the air box used to be.
      cernatinly looks that way, but nothing is that offical yet as there still testing it.

Car
      225 Cup

what gains were had on the itg? as the itg kit involves a lot more work that the way this one looks.

This is exactly how we have done our's and it works perfect, tested on track, road and the dyno with no issues. It's not like we don't have intercooler at the front of the car......

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information