Megane Sport Forum banner

NY speed camera vans!!!

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Maltkiln 
#1 ·
Any of you guys seen these? I fear I was caught on the A170 this afternoon. It looked like a bloody white van!
Up here round Durham and Sunderland they are are all liveried up, reflective batternburg etc that's a 5hit trick!!!

I wouldn't care, been out for lunch with the misses and a drive so wasn't hooning, 30mpg for god sake, Grrr!

Rant over.......

#2 ·
Round my way we have some plain white vans but as far as I know they are anpr vans with coppers usually hanging around somewhere near to pounce on uninsured vehicles etc.

A mate did get caught speeding by one of these but like I said it was only because the police were there anyway and pulled him over there and then.

I'm not guaranteeing it weren't a speed camera tho! Hope it weren't

#5 ·
Aye that's them Grrr!! I was always under the impression there are supposed to be warning signs before hand and they are marked up! Not just a poxy white van with small camera signs on it which you only notice when you pass it!!

Still, suppose I'll have to take what's coming my way.

#9 ·
Its only been out a few months but caught tons mate. Its often on A64 york to scarbrough or in and around york, its been well advertised on the radio (minster fm).

I THINK it said it was the first van ever that can check X amount of vehicles in so many seconds across so many lanes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.