AST coilovers and top mounts - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AST coilovers and top mounts

Share/Bookmark

Car
      forged red r26

Quote Originally Posted by fredrickr26 View Post
      Even better price for the kw's and free delivery.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1
      Good price that!

Iv seen them cheaper somewhere else (think it was on yozzasport) but cant find them now

Car
      forged red r26

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
      Always pays to shop around, but at that price they'll turn up on your doorstep in a box. When you pay £2k for the ASTs with top mounts via a motorsport outfit they'll fit them, corner weight them, and accurately set the required camber too.
      As I said the biggest difference is that you actually get 4 proper coilovers with the ASTs, not 2 coilovers and 2 springs and dampers (thats what the KWs are).

KWs are good kit, don't get me wrong, but they're definitely track capable but street orientated
      So what extra benefits would you have from having a proper 1 piece coilover setup on the rear instead of using the kw set up?
      Surely you can adjust damper and ride height on the kw rears?

This isnt meant as a "lets slate k-tec/new products". I was only wanting to know pros and cons to this setup and why they are so expensive?
      Most suspension setups at this price iv seen come with edfc aswell.....

Car
      megan R26.R 006/230

Quote Originally Posted by ericooper View Post
      Not a bad price but like you say if you have to use to top mounts then add anouther £300+ to the price.

Dosent give any info might be worth Google'in it and findin out more bowt them from AST
      they do yes but they have a different top hat than the ones sold with the top mounts

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      The Sheep, Exige Cup 260

What's your overall opinion of the ast't Amm compared to the std set up of the R?
      I had a quick glance of your car at oulton and it looked nice but unfortunately never got chance to be out on track at the same time.
      Pm me if you wish.

Car
      Megane r26

It would be interesting to hear a users opinion of the set-up

i had a chat today about them very interested if im been honest! think im going to give them a go with the top mounts as well! hopefully get them on and the car set-up before oulton in april for a trial run

Car
      The Sheep, Exige Cup 260

Who you getting to set the car up Dale?

Who you getting to set the car up Dale?
      im off to tdf on wednesday so ill ask if matt does'nt mind doing them if i supply the kit!

Car
      megan R26.R 006/230

What's your overall opinion of the ast't Amm compared to the std set up of the R?
      I had a quick glance of your car at oulton and it looked nice but unfortunately never got chance to be out on track at the same time.
      Pm me if you wish.
      my opinion is they are very good .
      but my setup is for track so my setup is slightly different from the one that k-tec will sell i have had the valving tweaked hear and there and because i run slicks normally so i am looking at stiffer springs this year but need to talk to curtis at ast about what to go for and try .
      it would have been nice to get out on track together you should have popped over and had a chat i was sharing my car with my bro all day so thats probably why we never got out on track all day tbh i was a bit track rusty as well as had not been on track since august last year so it took me till the afternoon to get up to sort of my normal pace the car was on road tyres at oulton

Car
      The Sheep, Exige Cup 260

Quote Originally Posted by amm View Post
      my opinion is they are very good .
      but my setup is for track so my setup is slightly different from the one that k-tec will sell i have had the valving tweaked hear and there and because i run slicks normally so i am looking at stiffer springs this year but need to talk to curtis at ast about what to go for and try .
      it would have been nice to get out on track together you should have popped over and had a chat i was sharing my car with my bro all day so thats probably why we never got out on track all day tbh i was a bit track rusty as well as had not been on track since august last year so it took me till the afternoon to get up to sort of my normal pace the car was on road tyres at oulton
      Why stiffer springs Amm, are you talking just front or front and rear?
      I find when I've been in a standard R that it settles much better than the r26 when one the limit and is more stable under braking.
      In summary, better than standard for track work? Still usable on the road?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information