Megane Sport Forum banner

renault sport trackday oulton park

5K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  +MJ+ 
#1 ·
anyone going to this? not bad price for time of year which is 23rd august. im booked on it, will be first time out in the megane on there :sweatdrop:

#3 ·
think so thats why i booked straight away. cant wait to see what the meganes like on there. what tyres you use on track? im going to need some new tyres by then so could do with some recomendations. i havent got a big budget so im looking at £100 a tyre

#4 ·
Payday for me today so I'll have to book on.

As for tyres. Its something I wouldn't skimp on but im lucky in that I have no budget so to speak. My PS2's have still got 3-4mm in the rear and you can definitely tell there on the way out. The rear is much more willing to step out. I've got 5p's on the front and there spot on so will put these in the rear aswell. For a set your looking at about £650 though so not cheap.

#13 ·
cheers,yeah ill have a look. Im just a tad nerous as it is my daily driver and is the worst happens.....

I will take it easy until I get a feel for it. Im not the cocky type that will try showing off. Just hope other faster drivers dont get too miffed at me pootling round!!!

#16 ·
Mines my daily too. Keep an eye on your mirrors incase there's any heros and I'll be sitting out the first half hour to let the egos get on with it. Most are considerate aslong as you shift over for them at the first availbale point. Slower people that don't shift over are asking for toruble IMO and rile the other drivers right up.

I can highly recomend the taster sesions. Me and Max are going so there will be another couple of megs there. You can get to know the track better then without the thought of a season pro coming flying past you. There's all sorts on the taster sesions. Last time I was there the range was from Aygo's to M3's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.