Megane Sport Forum banner

Recaro seats for Megane 250

28K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Somnambulist 
#1 ·
I have a renault clio 200 mk3 which has recaro bucket seats. I am about to trade it in for the Megane 250 mk3. The megane doesnt have recaros but Arnold Clark were going to swap the seats over but they have told me that the seats fit but the connection from the seat to the airbags doesnt match so cannot fit them safely and I dont want to buy a new seat. Does anyone know if there is some sort of way to get the connection fitted to the megane? as I dont want to buy the car if I cannot have the recaros
Thanks

#32 ·
Well just wanted to update this and say everything is now sorted.

Relocating the recliner knob couldnt be simpler actually. I was expecting to have to strip the seat down or perhaps change the mechanisms between the seats but its nothing as complicated as that. Thanks to the knowledge of a Japanese member on Clio197.net it turns out a simple process: Pull off recliner knob / Hammer the metal shaft forcing it to poke out the other side / Cut a hole in the plastic cover trim / Push back on recliner knob.

Now that im happy and everything works I'll try and get some sort of guide done.

#34 ·
How about Passenger seat's weight sensor? Meganes have seat belt reminder for passenger side. As opposite, Clio 3 doesn't have seat belt reminder for passenger side. So its recaros also shouldnt have one. Does it create problems in Megane like always beeping?

#36 ·
Bit of a thread revival here, but I've got a set of Clio 200 Recaro CS to put into my Megane 250. I've tried pulling the seats apart tonight and while with some fettling the passenger seat should fit, the driver seat is way off.

Mine's a Lux so it has the electric driver seat. Has anyone else tackled this? The guide doesn't seem to work for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.