Megane Sport Forum banner

Nurburgring owners in trouble?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Reavenger 
#1 ·
#4 ·
but this has been going on for years. I went there about a month ago and was talking to the lady who owned a hotel i was staying at, she said they have been in trouble for years, since they made it into a theme park and no one uses it. they are offering it to car makers as thats where most there income is. for us........ means less open days.

the sooner it goes back to the goverment, nurburgring will go back to normal!

and the lady who owned the hotel owns a megane trophy! :D i think it was Fuchshore hotel. it has a picture of a fox! highly reconmend the place for anyone thinking of going!

#8 ·
This is the real world

"This is entirely untrue, the translation from the German is incorrect. The Nurburgring circuits are owned by the government and are currently leased to a private company for them to operate. The private company are in the process of removing themselves from the contract.
There is some uncertainty as to who will operate the tracks in the future, it may be that the government will operate it directly again, as happened in the past.
There is no serious threat, just a lot of politics. The media really need to stop reporting what they think is happening and just see the track opening as usual. If there is any damage being done at the moment it seems it's mostly the media causing it."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.