A702 - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: A702

Share/Bookmark

Car
    265 CUP + VW Touareg

Default A702

I had a long drive up the motorway very early morning so I thought I would turn off the M74 and head up the A702. Although there are a number of long straights there are also some really good corners. Some tight, some flowing, some with plenty of space to distance to use the wrong side of the road. No speed cameras but there are a few 30 and 40 mph sections through towns which I always respect but that gives you an opportunity to accelerate hard back up to 60!

I have driven it twice now (once each way) but was still taking it very easy as I entered every corner way slower than the car is capable of!

Anyone else know this road??

Car
    Megane 265 Trophy

I always use this road when I head home to see my Dad. As you say it has a good mix of corners and enough straights to get passed trucks and other slow movers.

I would also recommend the Dumfries to M74 portion of the A702, it's a really good road too.

Car
    Ph1 172, 225 & Meg Coupe

Yeah its not a bad road certainly, watch out for cameras around the Dolphinton straight, there quite often. Unfortunately.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MeganeSport.net
    Advertisements

Car
    Megane RS250

The Biggar Road used to be my reward for the long hours sat on the M1, M6, M74 on my way to Dunfermline from London, which I used to undertake fairly regularly.
    Great Road. Almost came a cropper with sheep appearing in the middle of te road out of the mist on more than one occasion!

Thread Information