Megane Sport Forum banner

oulton park 23rd august

3K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  +MJ+ 
#1 ·
Only 22 days to go then its renault sport day. seems months ago when i booked this. whos going? got some semi slicks fitted just hope weather is nice.

#6 ·
Get them bought Thommo. Mine are about 4mm and I'm expecting them to be toast after the day! Loosing front grip is never good!! :/

What brake set up you using Dale? I've just put the RC6's in but they feel very on or off with little feel.

#7 ·
after ****ing about with pads ive finally settled on 330mm performance friction front discs with their own 07 compound pads binned the ds2500's on the back going back to standard pads car feels so much more settled under heavy braking! just waiting for some millers brake fluid as after 45 mins on tuesday id boiled the brake fluid :)

#13 ·
I was looking at the RSR's but since I'm using them on the road too continued with the conti 5p's.

Do upgraded rear pads unsettle the car Dale? I've got RC5's to fit in mine before the track day in the hope they will balance the rear out better but if there going to make it worse I won't bother :/

I'll be flushing my fluid through before the day. Last thing I want is boiled fluid but I am using uprated pads.

#14 ·
Do upgraded rear pads unsettle the car Dale? I've got RC5's to fit in mine before the track day in the hope they will balance the rear out better but if there going to make it worse I won't bother :/

I'll be flushing my fluid through before the day. Last thing I want is boiled fluid but I am using uprated pads.
depends on driving styles for me i much prefer std pads in the back feels much more predictable under heavy braking :)

#16 ·
The rear trail brakes nicely on mine but under heavy breaking, even in straight lines the rear feels twitchy - Especially if the roads abit bumpy. I'd like it more composed but not sure if uprated rears will help or hinder?

I'd have to bring all the tools etc up with me then and I CBA with that.

#17 ·
will make a difference with what's on the front! ive gone more aggressive on the front and back to std on the rear personally i think the rear discs are to big offering to much clamping force! wouldnt worry about tools i take everything with me pretty much all you need to take the whole car apart LOL

#23 ·
just had me solid rear discs fitted today and some fresh brake fluid for £60 cash cant go wrong! iv been playing with my new cheap and cheerful cam today. videos look good for the price, so if you see me round track you can sit behind or ill sit behind you for some footage! everythink out of the rear aswell today like seats, spare wheel jack etc, god i love the sound when they aint in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.