Megane Sport Forum banner

***Whats my car worth? Discussion thread***

31K views 72 replies 42 participants last post by  richybatt 
#1 ·
This is now the thread for you to get help and advice from other people.

Please do not start any other threads as they will just be merged into this one..

Check www.autotrader.co.uk and www.pistonheads.co.uk for price guides.

DO NOT come on here to shot people down in a negative or discriminatory manner please, opinion is more than welcome but theres a way to do it.

thanks.

#2 ·
Thanks naith for sorting this :) .

Ok guys so what do you think i might get for my .R? Glacier white, cage, titanium, nearly new yoko ado8's and 13,500 miles? i cant find any others anywhere as theres hardly any come up for sale. I dont want to sell but getting a house and depends what money/ deposit is needed. Give us your thoughts guys cheers

#6 ·
What's it worth post? !

Hi all , due to me buying a big house I am tempted to sell my r26. I am a paid member so not trying to do a cheeky ad here. Spec is- GW 08 2 owners ( inc me ) lux pack , black pack, exones , 45k, just had all belts done, plus refurbed wheels and r26r spoiler painted and fitted, fsh ( last service at 43k ) eibach springs, ktec front mount and remap ( running a safe 290 ftlb 260 bhp) back box chop , all this was done in the last 6 weeks. , in very good condition throughout. Your thought please .......

#7 ·
Hi all , due to me buying a big house I am tempted to sell my r26. I am a paid member so not trying to do a cheeky ad here. Spec is- GW 08 2 owners ( inc me ) lux pack , black pack, exones , 45k, just had all belts done, plus refurbed wheels and r26r spoiler painted and fitted, fsh ( last service at 43k ) eibach springs, ktec front mount and remap ( running a safe 290 ftlb 260 bhp) back box chop , all this was done in the last 6 weeks. , in very good condition throughout. Your thought please .......
moved your post here mate, based on spec your looking between 8000-9000 i would say but all depends how long you want to wait and if someones wants it enough imo

#25 · (Edited)
thinking of selling up maybe in april time.not sure how much the cars worth

megane 175 lux

milage 110,000

parts changed:- hubs overhaul,eibach 30mm springs (still have originals),top mounts,itg panel filter,new clutch,new gearbox(still have the old box which had a whining diff bearing),dpf back straight through(no noise difference just less back pressure dpf hardly ever comes on now.still have standard exhaust with new mounts).pads all round also full service history.ive spent so much on this car theres proberbly loads more ive missed out.

would around 5000 be asking too much?

#26 ·
Can anybody please advise what asking price would be suitable for the following Megane.

Ultra Red Megane R26 2007
98,500 miles
6 months tax
3 months MOT
Service due in 5k miles
Cambelt changed at 62k
11 months breakdown recovery

Brand new discs (Brembo HC front & Standard Renault drilled rears)
Brand new pads (Mintex m1144 front & standard brembo rear)
Brand new rear tyres (Vred Sessanta)
Front tyres 4mm tread (Vred Sessanta)
New fuel Injectors at 80k miles

Ktec R26r Clutch and flywheel conversion (5k miles ago, no error messages)
Ktec remap (no bhp printout, but receipt to prove it was done)
Milltek Stainless Exhaust

Front seats show very little sign of wear (even with high miles)
Interior is in very good condition.
Bodywork does not show sign of mileage

Wheels virtually unmarked

Parrot Hands free

Any ideas guys?

#33 ·
thinking of selling :-(

After only 6 months of ownership im thinking of selling.. I have loved every minuite of owning it, but i have been made an offer i really cat refuse on a house by someone i know who is moving abroad.. And im afraid it looks like im going to have to go with my head rather than my heart. I would ideally like to keep it but realisticaly i cant comfortably afford both.. Its one of the best examples of an r26 out there IMO and has alot of history on this forum being previously owned by Dean182. it was a brilliant example already after looking at a few but i have meticuously maintained it since and it has literally wanted for nothing in my ownership.. the original ad from dean is here:

http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?58868-Glacier-White-R26-Lux-RS-Tuned

since then i have done the following:
fitted a short shift

changed those nasty number plates

fitted black side repeaters and diamonds

fitted black tpi wheel bolts and locking nuts

fitted ice white leds all round inside / number plates etc

fitted led side lights

engine cover sprayed in GW.

philips blue vision main beams (£50!!) to match xenons

4x michelin pilot super sports that have covered less than 2000 miles

36k mile service done at BTM by fred with all the bits supplied by me including fuchs race pro s oil, genuine plugs, filter, pollen filter etc. this was done last week so has only covered 200 miles since.

gear box oil changed with service last week

Cambelt change including water pump and aux kit again done at btm last week at the same time as the service LAST WEEK.

Reconditioned injectors from liquid f1 fitted at BTM last week. (made a MASSIVE diference to the way it drives)

mot'ed this week on monday for 12 months and just needed a new cv boot clip.

Plus many other small bits and pieces that i cant think of at the min.

The cambelt wasnt due until march but i got it done now as it was in for a service.
the car is literally imaculate and now wants for nothing for a long time. ive spent getting on for £3000 on it in 6 months getting it perfect and wont need any work done for a long time now.

the car is on 38k now and i will probably SORN it this week so i can insure my run around..
just guaging interest really before i actually decide to sell. im still in 2 minds as id love to keep it now ive made it perfect...

will get some pics up this week

#35 ·
White Megane 250 Cup Pack Leather Recaros
FSH
40k serviced at 39k

19" gloss black steev alloys
Folding mirrors
keyless entry and pust button start up
H&R lowering springs ( with also original cup springs )
RS tuning De cat ( with also original )
Led conversion white
RS Tuning Re map 305 with reciets and Proof Graphs
Scorpion Non res exhaust ( with original also )
Eibach Yellow stuff pads just fitted
265 gloss black interior

Truly immaculate car with every reciet possible
Original purchase reciet for £15,800 for 3months ago

Bargain already modiffied stunning example

After 15-16k is that fair price?

#40 ·
Probably, but I fancied a change and the meg isn't worth much these days plus as far as I can see unless it's a R26 they're not selling.

If I was going to sell it private I'd have asked about £5400 as it's due the belts change.

1 dealer offered me £4200 part ex, I've "had" £5000 for it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.