Well chaps, I haven't been on here properly for a while. Partly because I haven't done much with my 225 for a while. We had building work done on our house meaning the car was penned in by scaffolding all summer. Only brought her out once to check over, clean up and tuck away until next year.

Anyway, I've managed to end up taking ownership of a 2003 Clio 172 from a friend. It had 56k on the clock, full service history and was in good condition. Apart from him managing to park it through his garden fence resulting in this....

Otherwise though the car is in great condition and for £800 it was well worth a punt!!

So I got to work. Firstly was the very knackered K&N filter that was twisted and generally looking pants.

Unfortunately I don't have the original airbox so I've stuck this closed filter and air feed, £35 from Halfords. Not amazing but it look neat and sounds good...

Next up was some LED bulbs from E-bay. Side lights bulbs are now white to match the Xenons and replaced the interior...

Then she decided to fail it's first MOT in my hands so had to have the ball joints sorted in the suspension and replace the back box. Decided to have a custom Powerflow back box made with a 3" tailpipe mounted below the bumper.

So after spending in the region of £600 on the bodywork and a total of £1,700 for her to be looking like this and MOT'd for 12 months this is the result...

Even found my old chequer plate steel mats that I had in my old Clio 172 which I sold for my 225 back in 2005!

Starting to look like a RenaultSport car park outside my place now. This was the first and only day the Megane saw daylight this year! Can see the Gordini peeking out at the back as well!