Megane Sport Forum banner

Hamilton to Merc

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  jostheboss 
#1 ·
Bet Button is grinning from ear to ear :partyhard:

#5 ·
Always on the cards this, Hamiltons relationship with Mclaren has become stale, i think this move works well for all parties, Button, Perez and Hamilton if Ross Brawn can deliver like he did at Ferrari in the early 90's he'll be onto a winner. Unless of course the merc team have told him a pack of bull. Mind you for 15million a year i think he'll cope :)

#8 ·
I personally think its gereat, I am a big hamilton fan and only see it as being good... Ross Brawn is a great team boss. I hope they up their game though there car hasnt been great this year. And I like Perez and cant wait to see him hammer Button. (Dont have anything against him, but hes Martin Whitmarsh's Boy isnt he) The only reason he ever won that world championship was because of the car and wait a minute who was the man there "Ross Brawn"

I cant wait esp for the engines of 2014 aswell...

If I was him I think I would have done the same.

#9 ·
On first hearing it I thought it was a bad move, but having thought about it, he's doing the right thing - he'll be the undoubted No 1 driver in the team. Ross Brawn? Well, say no more. The Mercs haven't always been that far off the pace either, it's just that their drivers are pants (listen up, Schumacher). :)

#10 ·
I'm glad to see a bit of a driver shake up tbh. Surely Massa aint going to survive at Ferrari.

I'm not so sure about Ross Brawn though - he wasn't in charge when Ferrari had all their success, that was the little french fella, and the Brawn car in 09 was a Honda which he managed to do a deal and get a merc engine in - I can see him and Lewis having "issues".

#11 ·
I think merc have made lewis promises that their ass cant cash!

Mclaren have always put him a car together thats competitive to some degree and alot of his issues last season came down to silly mistakes or crashes that could have been avoided. This season has been similar and i think hes only left through frustration...

Is he not good friends with nico?
Also dont believe hes moved for the money.

#12 ·
Hamilton will have free range to endorse/market any old thing now which will make his management team a few bucks, theres the money. He will definitely do a better job with the Mercs than the current drivers line up, who knows he might win something too.

Schumacher needs to go to NASCAR, they love crashes or retire again.

I think Massa is out of Ferrari plus theres a seat going at Sauber!?

I wonder what Di Resta will do?

#13 ·
Hamilton has gone to merc to line his pockets.
As he probally realises his top status will not go on for ever,so he has to strike lucky while he still can.
You only have a few years at the very top,look at webber this season.

I hope he does well,but i fear,the car will still not be up to scratch to win a championship.

#14 ·
Didn't Rosberg beat Hamilton in gp2?!
Bet mclaren are loving it.. No one to highlight the 0.01% of the car that is not perfect and moan about it over the radio.
With the limited time I have to watch racing I have found myself going off f1 and switched to closer more exciting alternatives....

#15 ·
Personally I hope he fails and falls down the championship table to where a moaning faced, self important , use any card possible to succeed, up himself person should be. He is not a genuine guy and will step on anyone to get on. As you can tell he is not my favourite driver. His behaviours around Alonso-gate was shocking and Massa has the measure of his character...got you sussed !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.