Megane Sport Forum banner

Where to get my door handles painted,

7K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Lady-Bock 
#1 ·
Hi midlanders. I need my door handles painting, they are the keyless entry ones. I have been to a few bodyshops and they say they will not touch them. Is there anyone on here able to do them or know of a place that will. Cheers Andre

#15 ·
Sorry to jump on this thread but I am wondering what the original handles are covered in? Bloke I bought the car off lived in Scotland and he said that in the last bad winter we had (where temps got down to nearly -20 in some places) the cold got under the door handles and lifted the covering?
I am not sure what the covering is but it looks very similar to tin foil!! Its not the actual handle itself but the dome shaped part at the back of the handle (by that I mean the side of the handle that points towards the back of the car).

Some of the 'foil' has come off and is showing the plastic underneath :( Can i buy replacements or do as the OP is stating and get them sprayed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.