Megane Sport Forum banner

Karting - Renault Sport v VXR

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  madmax 
#1 ·
After the success of Sundays Karting it got me thinking about a joint event with other car clubs, namely VXR with me being an ex VXR owner and knowing alot of the people over that side - spit lol.

We could possibly even get some from the ST club and have a three way competition?

If I was able to sort this with the karting club, would you be interested in this event, with the format to be decided? I have already emailed the circuit to get their thoughts.

We could try to make it annual event as long as we won.

Here is a link to the circuit - http://www.gygkarting.co.uk/ for those that didnt attend last weekend.

I have posted a similar thread on the VXR forum - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?194671-Karting-Event-VXR-v-Renault-Sport

I would welcome your feedback.

Nige, I dont want to tread on any toes here, after all you arranged that top event, and so I would happily let you arrange it if there was interest. Either way I am not fussed.

See less See more
#4 ·
There has been loads of interest on the VXR forum, with some people getting quite kiddy about the VXRs being faster than the Reno's lol.

I will be arranging this event now and when I do I will probably open it to the people on a national level to ensure we get enough drivers, certainly Wales and North West anyway.

#5 ·
This is a copy of my email to the karting circuit so you can see what i am trying to achieve.

"In relation to the points what I am trying to achieve is a competition between two teams. Each team to say have 10-15 drivers (VXR Team and Renault Team).

So at the end of the event we could look to provide trophies to the driver with the fastest lap or winner of the event plus a trophy for the winning team.

The way that I could see it working is we would have the following :-

30 drivers each having 3 qualifying races of the 8 laps.

Then we have three finals of 10 drivers of 10 laps each (but not promoting the winner of the C final to B final etc).

The points are then decided 30 points for the winner of the A final down to 1 point for the loser of the C final. We could also perhaps include an additional 3 points for fastest laps in each of the three finals, so that even drivers at the back of the field still have the chance of scoring some good points if they perhaps spun out early in the race – it just helps keep the competition up for the whole race for everyone.

This would keep the competition close between the two teams and making sure that every position is something worth fighting for, even if you were in the C final at the back of the pack.

If you are able to do this how much would it cost per driver, noting we would want access to the café for bacon sandwiches / coffee etc."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.