Megane Sport Forum banner

RS DCI 175 - or should that RS DCI 205?

16K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  205pete 
#1 ·
Finally, after 2.5 years of ownership, I had the Megane tuned by the very good chaps at K-Tec Racing in Dorset this week.

First dyno run he produced 167bhp and 273lb/ft torque. Impressive and pretty much on the money for Renault's claim.

Next, add the filter, delete the DPF pipe (I really do reccomend getting this done!) and add a remap. No intercooler for me as couldn't really justify that expense.

The results? See below.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

Yes, 204bhp and 345lb/ft of torque. This really is hum-dingly fast now. 2nd, 3rd and 4th it flies with a much smoother broader power delivery that pulls into the higher rev ranges much better. Lower gears gets a real thump in the back. Oh and even better news? Mid 50's on the economy side now. Traction and drive ability haven't been overly comprimised - fair to say there is a tad more torque steer and the TC does flicker more in the 2nd/3rd gears, but the road was damp and I think my alignment is very slightly out at the moment which wouldn't help.

To say I am smitten is an under statement. I'm doing Oulton Park trackday next month - its going to be alot of fun given there are some Civic Type-R's and Clio 172/182's to hopefully compare performance against.

So, when I can I get a DCI 205 badge fitted? :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup, it makes a huge difference, no doubt about it. My own now runs 210bhp and 340lb/ft and I omitted getting the dpf delete due to cost at the time - should have just left myself penniless and got it done! You do find yourself wrestling a bit of torque steer, especially in 2nd gear, but it all adds to the fun. My biggest concern wasn't clutch/gearbox, but the driveshafts, as apparently they're only rated up to 280lb/ft, but I tend to use the acceleration in a linear rather than a manic fashion, so not too worried.

#5 ·
I to had the same as you at k-tec and greatly impressed! The car is something else, more mpg the power is brilliant! This was my graph!

With regards to tracking I found no real noticeable difference in power and done very well!!

My clutch is starting to go but only when I floor it in low revs. But..... as said about the drive shafts... a couple weeks ago I thought my wheel bearing was on its way out with the common noise.... but when the mechanic was fixing, though it moved round, the thing was seized in the hub! But hey! Fixed now at the cost of £100 so not bad!

Enjoy the powers!

#7 ·
After looking at the torque figures everyone is getting after a remap, im beginning to wonder if mine has been backed off to preserve the life of the clutch. After a remap (done on a rolling road) my GT is making 182bhp but 360Nm torque which is only 265lbft, everyone else seems to be getting well over 300lbft.

#9 ·
A bit of both really, noticed that all the GT figures I've looked at are over 300 lbft and obviously, the 175 figures are higher than that too. Before the remap my car was 151.2 bhp with 316.2Nm of torque, after it increased to 184.3bhp with 363.5 Nm of torque. The only difference I can see is that the torque curve on mine is pretty flat, it hits Max torque at 2000rpm and it doesn't start to drop back off till 3400rpm.

#19 ·
I would also suggest the dpf delete. For little money, more power, and save you a bill to replace a dpf in the future..... well worth it. Of driving normal, no a single bit of smoke...full pelt you get a cloud, but I save that for a annoying people sitting on my arse or cyclists who hog the road and don't keep within there cycle lane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.