Megane Sport Forum banner

Dump Valve fitting guide

33K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  ImportR 
#1 ·
G
#4 ·
Fitting a dump valve

Hello mates, I need some help. I am in the process of fitting a dump valve in my Megane 225, thanks to the information you have posted now I am confident in the process I must follow, but still I need some information about the bore of the hoses needed in this job, the vacuum and the T-piece; finally which valve should I use a Bailey DV24 or DV26?

Many thanks and enjoy the power of the Megane 225.

#15 ·
Needs help on two things;
when putting on the blanking plate do i just put the hose which went to the original bov to my new hks?
And can anyone tell me what size are the bolts on the original bov so i can buy this flexible special tool to help me with it :)

Thanks!

#23 ·
sorry for being dumb but if i change it for best performance,wont loosing boost kill performance too?
unless ive missread:oops:
The turbo makes the boost so the more the better! If you loose boost then it means the power from the turbo will die off a lot quicker!

Fitting the blanking plate will let the turbo hold the boost better and will only release threw the dump valve! It just makes things more efficient :yes:

#24 ·
The turbo makes the boost so the more the better! If you loose boost then it means the power from the turbo will die off a lot quicker!

Fitting the blanking plate will let the turbo hold the boost better and will only release threw the dump valve! It just makes things more efficient :yes:
sorry arctic just posted on other thread so you have answered my q,
cheers matey

#31 ·
hopefully get an answer in here. as with most people i have broken the fitting ontop of the throttle body that goes to the brake servo. just wanting to know what the part number is so i can replace it, ive seen 8200549111 been mentioned but also some people saying it is the wrong part. another one ive seen is 8200557542, havnt seen anyone saying this is right or wrong tho. my car is an R26.

#32 ·
Well I finally got to my local renault dealer this week to get a replacement bit for on top of the throttle body, 8200549111 is the part number that they ordered for me and I got it a couple days later, I can confirm this is the correct part and fitting it took me less than a minute in the middle of all there cars they have for sale without any tools :)

#33 · (Edited)
Just bumping the old thread.
I fitted a Forge VTA valve but just blocked off the old valves pipe as I couldn't get the old valve plate off.
It turns out that I was losing a significant amount of power.
Could only make 0.96bar peak boost with the DV and old recirc on.
I have a stage 1 remap.
Reverted it to standard and was back up to 1.24 bar :)

Will leave the DV and blanking plate until I get the KTR induction kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.