Tuning up Renault Megane II 2006 F4R - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: Tuning up Renault Megane II 2006 F4R

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Megane II 2.0 16v Aut 771

Talking Tuning up Renault Megane II 2006 F4R

Hello there,

I have Renault Megane II Saloon 2006 with the 2.0 16v F4R 770 (135ps) engine.

I would like to tune it a little bit for my own entertainment and maybe put it on a TrackDay for a little fun

Up until now, I have bought Eibach Springs, changed the brake fluid to DOT 5.1 and bought EBC brake pads. Along with that, I also have a K&N 57i High Performance Air Induction Kit and NKG Iridium BKR6EIX Sparks.

I have been discussing with some friends at brazilian Renault Club (forum.renaultclube.com) and they suggested me to "install" some Clio Sport 172 (ph2) or Clio Sport 182 parts that should be "plug'n play" for my car.

Up until now i've been thinking about:

* Renault Clio Sport Inlet/Intake Manifold - ~ £50.00 (USED)
      * Renault Clio Sport Throttle Body - ~ £50.00 (USED)
      * ARP rod bolts for Clio Sport (for "safety")
      * De-cat pipe £cheap

For the Camshafts, i'm thinking about one of these:
      * Renault Clio Sport Exhaust and Intake CamShafts - ~ £100.00 (USED)
      * CatCams 428/421/436 Exhaust and Intake CamShafts - £619.00
      * Engine Dynamics Performance Camshaft for Clio 172/182 Sport - £499.00
      * PiperCams R172BP270 for Clio 172/182 Sport - £289.00

I'm also thinking about putting a custom made exhaust starting with the exhaust manifold and mufflers for everyday use.

For ECU remap i'm thinking about RSTuner or DASTEK Unichip or some other custom chip… Not sure about that yet… most people use Unichip here in Brazil, but it's costly (around £900!) and I'll also have to pay some shop for custom remapping the Unichip. So that may end up costing £1,000.00!

The good thing about RSTuner is that (in theory) Hank could tune it for me and it would cost around £300.00 - £400.00 including shipping to Brazil.

I'm expecting a performance gain of 20 to 40ps, something around 155 - 170ps. Does that seems reasonable?

The important thing is that this is a "everyday car", my wife tends to use it sometimes and I travel some hundreds of miles a couple of times a year. So I need a usable and reliable car. No turbocharger, just naturally aspirated engine with some reliable performance gain for fun

Any suggestions? Can someone confirm if those parts are really "plug'n play" for my engine or I would need to "adapt" most of these?

Thanks in advance!

Car
      Megane RS 225

Nice part list you have there Victor.

But seeing that you like me are not from the UK, the biggest problem when tuning the Megane is finding someone that can custom tune the ECU to support the parts fitted.

I dont know if anyone of the tuners (RS Tuning, Fastchip) will be able to do remote tuning for all those modifications.

If i were you I would install a few bolt-on mods like exhaust, de-cat and induction kit, remap and leave it at that for a while.

For the clio parts you should maybe check cliosport.net to see if someone has done those kind of modifications to your engine.

Car
      The Growler

Quote Originally Posted by jocco View Post

But seeing that you like me are not from the UK, the biggest problem when tuning the Megane is finding someone that can custom tune the ECU to support the parts fitted.

I dont know if anyone of the tuners (RS Tuning, Fastchip) will be able to do remote tuning for all those modifications.

If i were you I would install a few bolt-on mods like exhaust, de-cat and induction kit, remap and leave it at that for a while.

For the clio parts you should maybe check cliosport.net to see if someone has done those kind of modifications to your engine.
      In theory you could used the RS Tuning Box to do some data logging and then Paul could build a custom map from that

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car

Quote Originally Posted by jocco View Post

First of all, thanks for the answer mate!

Your absolutely right about ECU tuning. It's hard to find someone who can do a good job. My only option here is DASTEK Unichip, but the cost is just HUGE!

I just got an answer from a FastChip representative saying that my VIN CODE is not supported... I'm not quite pleased with the answer as it doesn't make too much sense for me...

I think I may endup doing as you said in the first place: install a few bolt-on mods like exhaust, de-cat and induction kit, remap and leave it at that for a while.

Sadly the camshafts seems a bit more complicated... would be great if some of these CamShaft manufacturers made a special CamShaft for the "standard" Megane/Scenic II F4R.

The guys at ClioSport forum are helping a bit. I also found some other threads regarding modifications to engines like mine...

Would be glad if you could check the thread and share some of your thoughts with the (great) info on that thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...lioSport-parts

Thanks again!

Regards,
      Victor.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
      In theory you could used the RS Tuning Box to do some data logging and then Paul could build a custom map from that
      That was my hope, but it seems they can't...

Car
      The Growler

Quote Originally Posted by victorhora View Post
      That was my hope, but it seems they can't...

That's odd, when I spoke with Paul before about remote mapping i'm sure he said it was possible. I was going to get an FMIC and a few other bits, load a stage 1 then do data logging and send back to Paul for a tweak. Don't think it possible on the RS Tuner Box but pretty sure is possible on Pauls Other Box

Thread Information