Royally Ars#d by the insurance - Where do I stand? - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royally Ars#d by the insurance - Where do I stand?

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Clio R27 #446

Seeing as this is basically travelling from A to B to C on public roads isn't it covered by your standard SDPC cover? I don't see how that can be classified under "Motorsport" or "Rally" day.
      Seems a bit extreme as to why they are voiding your policy for asking and I would (However wrong it may be) cancel the direct debit. Definitely wouldn't pay for something I'm not getting and would cause a major inconvenience.

There are a few Insurers/Ex Insurers on the forum, lets hope one of them sees this!
      Last edited by Warren; 30-11-2012 at 10:42:43.

Car
      Inferno Orange 225

A bit late on the update but here goes. I started by cancelling my direct debit. Like hell I was going to pay any extra before Christmas. I then phoned Churchill again and spoke to the person who ran that particular area. She was actually ace compared to the lassie whom I had dealt with previously. She explained the possible outcomes and that she would listen to my call and phone me back. Basically if Churchill were wrong I'd have a new one year policy from that day at a heavily discounted price, or if I was wrong it would still be effectively cancelled. Got a phonecall back about an hour later to say she had listened to my call and that she could agree with the operator that my intention was there. Not much I could argue with there as I did run the rally.

The end result was a whole day of relentless stress. I then got myself reinsured with Directline for the tidy sum of £700 which I was quite happy with! I was also worried about the possible outcomes with having cancelled my direct debits. I checked my online banking the other day and it appears Churchill have refunded me 85 badbois! SCOOOOOORE! So that was quite good. We then ran the rally and came third last. Beat and Evo8 and an M3! So that was quite good!

All in all a valuable lesson learnt. I will continue doing these events but by insuring an additional driver with no mention of motorsport. I unfortunately can't get insured by a "trackday/ rally" friendly insurer. Despite being told "declare your mods" etc, the insurers send out the wrong message when cancelling insurance on the basis of "Can I enter my car in this?". Thanks for the help too guys. Much appreciated

Car
      LY 265FF

A few things

- you know churchill and direct line are the same company, right?
      - did you tell direct line when they asked the question 'have you ever been declined, refused or had insurance cancelled?'
      - im misunderstanding your last paragragh, youve had your insurance cancelled for wanting to compete in a rally so you have reinsured and next time you will just not tell them? Or have i read that wrong?

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Inferno Orange 225

I had answered that with a "Yes my insurance was cancelled" for said reason. Tesco and Sainsbury's both quoted me in excess of £5000. Adrian Flux was the second best one after Directline. And that was £1800. Regardless of the reason it would appear to bump insurance up by a significant margin. Unfortunately I have to take that risk. There isn't much else I can do as I cannot afford to pay over the odds insurance with 4 years NCD and zero points based on someone else's interpretation of cancelled. Yes I will re-enter rallys. It is on a public road therefore I only need my car to be entered fully comprehensive which it is. The event is covered through Lockton insurance who cover it if I end up parking my car through someone's porch.

Car
      MEGANE II GT DCI

Have you checked greenlight insurance as they do insure mod's and at an extra do track days/rallies...
      Pretty good for me 9years NCD no point one crash and only £460, have a look nothing to lose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information