172 Clio Turbo - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 172 Clio Turbo

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Megane r26

I was just going to ask the above questions...

Also, who mapped the car? Did you fit the turbo kit yourself?

Car
      GW Megane R26

Multiple symptoms of failure.

I have never stated that the turbo oil seals are causing hesitation.

I have never stated that a car with no cat will cause smoke.

I have been playing with turbo charged cars for the past 15 years!

I believe the hesitation is down to a faulty TDC sensor. I note its a "old style" black sensor and not the revised blue sensor. I have cleaned it and jiggled it and the car becomes more responsive.

I believe the car has a failing turbo seal due to smoking only when warm and using +ive pressure. The thin oil will be getting past the seals - but not when cold.
      The smoke is blue , the car uses no water. There are no other signs of HGF. I haven't performed a sniff test as I dont believe the car has a HGF

The car hasnt been stood for any real length of time. It has been periodically started and run ( although not moved )

Compression tests result in nothing of any significance ( 150/180/150/180 ) although a wet test hasnt been done.

The is no oil intercooler side - only from the exhaust. I havent had time to drop the turbo back exhaust yet to inspect.

For information the car uses the fly by wire , not cable throttle system. It is a facelifted clio 172.

The things I cant check with my mk1 eyeball are things with sensors , things such as injectors / TDC sensors / fuelling tables. With clip or equivalent I can check - hence me asking

Car
      GW Megane R26

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
      I was just going to ask the above questions...

Also, who mapped the car? Did you fit the turbo kit yourself?
      KTEC mapped with a LPT off the shelf kit. I didnt fit the kit - although I have no reason to doubt who did it was competent. Its hardly rocket science adding a LPT to a clio 172

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
      Multiple symptoms of failure.

I have never stated that the turbo oil seals are causing hesitation.

I have never stated that a car with no cat will cause smoke.

I have been playing with turbo charged cars for the past 15 years!

I believe the hesitation is down to a faulty TDC sensor. I note its a "old style" black sensor and not the revised blue sensor. I have cleaned it and jiggled it and the car becomes more responsive.

I believe the car has a failing turbo seal due to smoking only when warm and using +ive pressure. The thin oil will be getting past the seals - but not when cold.
      The smoke is blue , the car uses no water. There are no other signs of HGF. I haven't performed a sniff test as I dont believe the car has a HGF

The car hasnt been stood for any real length of time. It has been periodically started and run ( although not moved )

Compression tests result in nothing of any significance ( 150/180/150/180 ) although a wet test hasnt been done.

The is no oil intercooler side - only from the exhaust. I havent had time to drop the turbo back exhaust yet to inspect.

For information the car uses the fly by wire , not cable throttle system. It is a facelifted clio 172.

The things I cant check with my mk1 eyeball are things with sensors , things such as injectors / TDC sensors / fuelling tables. With clip or equivalent I can check - hence me asking

Crack on then. I am neither a friendly MOT tester nor a Clip owner. Have fun!

Car
      GW Megane R26

If you know something I dont fella - please share. Any help is appreciated. That last post wasnt meant as a rant. I just got a bit frustrated. I am new to the Megane but not spannering. My five turbo makes sure I keep well on top of that !
      The clio is being a nuisance ! Dodgy TDC I think with a rear seal causing the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
      If you know something I dont fella - please share. Any help is appreciated. That last post wasnt meant as a rant. I just got a bit frustrated. I am new to the Megane but not spannering. My five turbo makes sure I keep well on top of that !
      The clio is being a nuisance ! Dodgy TDC I think with a rear seal causing the smoke.
      Furry muff, was only trying to be constructive!
      All I can add is that if the TDC sensor was faulty, or failed, it wouldn't start.

Car
      Megane r26

I would get in touch with these guys:

http://www.ddconline.co.uk/

They are based in Doncaster, so local to you... And they are also a k-tec dealer.

The TDC sensor could be one of your problems, but I imagine there is more issues.

Car
      GW Megane R26

I believe that the TDC ( in the same way as the five ) can be gradually broken down and fail.

I have been out "playing" with the car and just about cured it. Took every fuse out from the cover , cleaned all contacts and all the joiners and it seems to have made it a lot better !

Still smoking tho after getting warm and revs. I believe this still to be the turbo.

I dont want to take it anywhere - I want to work out what it is myself. Ill never learn if I just jump @ DDC. ( DDC are very good though ! )

Car
      GW Megane R26

Just thought I would get back on the clio post.

Managed to sort it all out.

It was a problem with damp in the fuses and loom. Reasons for smoke was under use !

Have mot'd the car and taxed and now it is running fine , boosting well and having a great laugh in it !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information