Megane Sport Forum banner

Insurance on R26 for 19 year old male

11K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Friggerpants 
#1 ·
To all the younger members of the forum, I'm posting this on behalf of a guy who's after buying my car, 19 years old with 3 points for speeding and 3 points for use of mobile phone - who are people insured with at this age and what kind of premiums are you paying ? Just ball park figures.

Cheers for any help

#14 ·
Besides the price he would HAVE to pay if he wanted to get insured with some insurance companies, they may not even quote him, I couldn't insure an r26 until I had 3 years
Ncb and I have a clean license. Insurance however on a 225 lux was 2440 with 2ncb, with 4 years ncb my r26 is costing me 1870 a year, very much depends on the location on which the car is insured aswell of course occupation amongst the other varying factors.

#17 ·
Cheers for all the suggestions guys, will pass these on.

Think he's been quoted around £700 on top of what he's paying now. But for some strange reason they won't cover him after that ? The extra £700 quid takes his to around 2k I think he said. He appreciates its not going to be cheap though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.